Chapter 16: Sports Festival Part 3

Hello!

TW's: Child abuse, self-harm (implied)

This chapter also doesn't check for spelling or grammar so someone help me! ٩(๑'^'๑)۶
———————————————————————————————

Teamwork.

He was bad at it, no, honestly he was shit at it.

It's even worse when it's with strangers. He can tolerate it when he's with friends but even then he's bad at it.

He likes to feel control. To be the one that carries everyone. He likes it.

It's probably the reason why he and Shinsou are like 50 feet off the ground. Currently he's giving the tired boy a piggyback ride on an ice platform up in the sky.

It looks strange, especially when Shinsou is taller than him.

It's quite silent being in the sky. Both of them aren't talking and have nothing to do until times over.

He could hear his fans being supportive of him actually doing something other than being lazy. Even so, he decides to daydream.

It's not like someone is going to try to make them fall or something. Some of their peers learned that the hard way. Some of them were surrounded by ice spikes or their feet were stuck to the ground.

"..hey, Mizuki?"

"Yes, Shinsou-san?"

"Uh, why did you team up with me?"

"Do I have to have a reason? I just wanted to help my fellow student out."

That's a lie if I ever heard one.

I know, right?

"..that doesn't seem true."

'That's weird, most people can't tell whether I'm lying or not. Well, saying that the truth can't hurt much.'

"Mm, well it's part of the truth. The other part is that you remind of someone. A person who-"

Lost.

"Was like a moon."

"..a moon?"

"They never shone like a sun or star but they were beautiful unperfect. Always changing, being strong or weak. They were there when no one was, shining in the dark."

Sun being the biggest brightest object during the day.

Star being the millions trying to out shine each other.

Moon being the biggest object shining in the dark.

'You're like the moon!' His eyes were out-of-focus like he was remembering something.

...

"Ah, sorry about rambling off, Shinsou-san."

"..no it's okay."

"TIME UP!" Present Mic announced, meaning that the cavalry battle was now over.

"That's the end of the second round, the cavalry battle!" he continued as the crowd applauded.

"Now let's take a look at the four teams right away!"

"In 1st place, Team Shinsou!"

'Not surprising.'

"In 2nd place is Team Todoroki!"

'Just like his father.' He tried not to laugh.

"Moving on, 3rd place goes to Team Bakugou!"