Twenty One: Aftermath of Hosu

Izuku should have guessed that a hospital visit was necessary, but he supposed it was only standard protocol. Especially when Todoroki and Iida had received serious injuries, including him.

Hopefully, they can leave soon. He just wanted to go home already. He wondered if his mom heard about what happened yet. She probably did.

It would be nice to have an invisibility quirk like Hagakure. If he did, he'd be able to disappear. And by the time someone finally realizes, he will already be gone.

He could feel eyes on him. Had been, for a while even when he was sleeping. It made his skin crawl, because he knew what kind of eyes those were. Curious eyes. Questioning eyes.

Blue, green, purple eyes and another pair of unknown eyes. The latter's eyes felt a bit strange though.

When the door of the hospital room holding Izuku and his two classmates clicked open, he turned his head in its direction. There stood Gran Torino, along with the pro-hero Manual and—a man?—that Izuku didn't recognize. The stranger "woofed" in greeting, and Izuku really should have expected that, considering the person had the head of a literal dog.

The dog-man's name was Tsuragamae Kenji, chief of police. From the sounds of it, he was here to scold them for their unlawful quirk usage.

"Hold on," Todoroki interrupted the lecture, furrowing his brows. "If we hadn't done anything, Iida and Native would be dead right now. Nobody even knew the hero killer was in town."

"Should we have let people die in the name of your 'law'?!" He tried calming Todoroki but the guy kept talking,well, more so yelling. He doesn't know how Indra deals with Kacchan at all, especially since Kacchan yells too much.

"Everything turned out fine so just forget about the law this time!"

'Todoroki no, we can't just do that!' He thought Todoroki almost sounded like a spoiled child.

"Isn't a hero's job to save people?" He could hear Indra say 'pro-hero'.

"Clearly you've much to learn. Some education you're getting, woof, from U.A and Endeavor." Izuku could imagine Indra saying something along the lines of 'the shade though.'

"You mutt.."

"Stop, this is serious!" Iida yelled out to Todoroki.

"Wait... just listen to what he's got to say." Gran Torino said, stretching his hand out signaling Todoroki to calm down.

"All of that..is what I'm obligated to tell you, as the police. But the real issue is whether or not you want this to go public, woof." Todoroki looked suspicious, and Izuku shared his sentiment. Still, the pair waited silently for the chief to continue before they caused any commotion.

"If we let the story go out, you'll be landed by the public but you won't be able to avoid punishment. But we keep this business to ourselves.. The arrest of the hero killer will be credited to the Misu police and Mizuki-san."

'Indra-kun? Misu police? That private organization?!'

"Fortunately the number of eye witnesses was small enough that we can hush up this whole matter before it causes problems, woof."

Corruption is what Indra would have called it.

"But in your case, your decisive actions and achievements will remain unknown to the general public." Well it's not like he saved his friends for praise from random people.

"What do you say?! I'm an understanding man! So when it comes to a promising group of young people.. I'd rather not have to pursue charges over this admittedly massive indiscretion, woof!" The dog-man gave a thumbs up with a cheerful aura. Their mentors gave their apologies for their negligence.