Chapter 40

?

You cannot see, feel or hear anything.

How long have you been like this?

It seems like only a few seconds fluttering by... but also an eternity of waiting, devoid of all senses... just existing.

At first, you couldn't remember anything. Who or even what you were... were you... real? Consciousness? An entire universe thinking by itself?

No... that wasn't right...

As time(?) flies by... you begin to remember... life... some things were alive... living and breathing... on planets... some living things existed within the pores of the Universe... hidden and never discovered by no one or nothing.

You were a living being... at least... you were... once.

An image flashes in your mind... yes.. surely you must be alive to have a mind? A little planet... green and blue... colours... you remembered colours...

The green was pleasing to the eye. It was your favourite.

Earth.

This little planet was Earth... it was your home...

Your mind wanders for a long time, piecing trains of thought and images together to form a comprehensive knowledge of your existence.

Y/N... your name was Y/N. You were a human... mid-twenties... you liked pop-tarts and the beach...

Your mind suddenly explodes with recognition, like the Big Bang happening inside your mind, you try to piece it together chronologically.. you understood time now... it was so obvious... of course it moved forwards...

The Avengers, Tony Stark, New York, Hulk, The Compound, Bruce Banner, Elemental Power, Thanos, Infinity Stones, Steve Rogers, The Charity Ball, Clint Barton, Wakanda, Natasha Romanoff, Hydra, Bucky Barnes, Missions, Thor Odinson, Asgard, Nick Fury, Xandar, The Snap, Dying, Loki...

Loki...

Your beautiful Prince, how could you ever forget him? His piercing eyes, the dimples of his cheeks as he smiled.

You missed him so much.

You didn't know how much time had passed...but it didn't matter... you longed for him... longed to fall asleep on his broad, muscular chest... and be pulled into his arms in one of his moments of giddiness.

You hoped the team had been kind to him in your absence... death... lack of existence... whatever...

Either way... Tony had better have been nice to him.

If Thanos had snapped you out of existence, how were you still... existing? Still... thinking? It seems strange...

You try to open your eyes, but see only darkness, unsure of whether you have succeeded in lifting your eyelids or not. The realm around you is completely silent and you try to move to see if you can stir up a sound.

Nothing.

You can't move... you're clueless if you even have a body. You feel nothing around you or under you... were you floating?

You're vaguely aware of your hands... you can't move them... but you know they're there... it reassures you, that somewhere out there you have a body... you feel the tiniest pulling sensation on your wrists, as if being guided through water.

Finally, your vision acknowledges more than just blackness. In the distance, you see a fleck of light... hovering and moving slightly... the more you try to focus on it, the harder it is to see.