Chapter 13

You walk arm in arm with Loki towards the exit of the ballroom, you begin to turn right, towards the exit but he pulls you slightly to the left You turn to him, confused.

"I have... another idea... how about the roof?"

You raise an eyebrow, giving him a look of joking confusion. He laughs a little.

"I promise it'll be worth it... there is an elevator... I won't make you run up a stairwell in your gown."

"Couldn't you just teleport us?"

He snickers, patting your hand resting on his elbow with his palm.

"It'll be worth the wait?"

He presses the button of the elevator and steps inside, reluctantly you join him. As the doors close, Tony walks across the lobby with Pepper, his expression changing to annoyance as he spies the pair of you. Loki waves sarcastically. You grab his hand and drop it back to his side, shaking your head.

"Stop antagonising Tony, you're such a pain, Laufeyson!"

"He antagonised me first!"

"He literally did nothing!"

"He told me to stay away from you, he threatened to send me back home... to tell my father..." he hesitates, catching and cutting himself off.

"He...? What? To tell your father what?"

Loki sighs and turns to you, he places his hands on your waist, "To tell him about how close we have become, my father doesn't approve of God's fraternizing with Midgardians under any circumstances... he believes it distracts us from our true purpose... our duty as Asgardian royalty."

You stare, blindsided by his honesty. He looks a little hurt and embarrassed.

"Tony threatened that?"

"Yes... and my father... if he found out... he would hurt you... I couldn't do that to you, Y/N. I care about you too much."

He turns away as the elevator dings open on the roof. He steps outside before you, holding his hand out.

"Come on, Little Elemental."

You relax, hearing the change in his voice. You smile softly and take his hand. So that's why he'd been off with you for the past week. He was terrified. You feel relieved that it wasn't you who was the problem... but hurt at Tony's unnecessary malice... it was probably just a nasty threat.

Your brain begins spiralling into overload again. Did this mean Loki was okay with the whole kitchen situation? Where the hell did you stand now? Crap... it was way easier when you had assumed he was mad at you.

You walk out onto the roof of the ballroom, it's poorly lit and you step carefully. On the edge of the roof is a little seating area; white wooden sofas decorated with soft red and white fairy lights. Above, the sky is completely clear, the stars twinkling in the night sky. It's so pretty you stop in your tracks, taking it in.

"Oh it's beautiful out here!"

Loki stops and turns towards you, "The Perseids Meteor shower peaks this hour, I thought you might like to see it."

You look to the sky as a beautiful blue ball of light fills the sky, as if on cue. You cry out in surprise, your laughter filling the air.

"It's amazing, thank you for bringing me up here!"

Loki smiles gently, "You're welcome, and it is amazing, and yet... I feel my eyes being drawn elsewhere."

You look at him and he blushes. He gestures with his hand to sit down. You walk over to the lounge area, taking a seat on the small sofa, Loki sits next to you, his knees deliberately touching yours.