chapter twenty-four - "their past 2/2" (the end)

Start from the beginning

"did i do a good job darling?" he asked carefully, tears filling his eyes, "i saved you, didn't i?"

i nodded, seeing the tears in his eyes, some of my own forming at the look on his face, "y- yes.. you did a good job my love.." i muttered, "you definitely saved me.." i whispered, softly pulling him into my arms.

"i love you y/n..." he breathed, my heart jolting out of my chest, hearing those words from him for the first time.

"i- i love you too jungkook..."

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

as i was walking back to jungkook's, the place in which i was now staying since last month when he had taken my father's life, i could hear someone following me.

i was almost to his place, turning the corner.

i had a bag in my hands, ingredients for a cake that we were gonna bake together for my birthday.

since it is saturday, we don't have to be at school.

the sun had already been setting and the sky was getting darker.

my feet picked up pace, now hearing whomever it was speeding up behind me, grabbing my arm all of a sudden and shoving me against a wall harshly. i had dropped the bag in my hand.

i hissed in pain as i looked up to see the eyes of a boy from my school glaring me down.

"hello y/n..." he muttered, causing my heart to start pounding in fear.

"w- what are you doing? let me go!" i shouted, his hand covering my mouth as i tried to scream some more, struggling in his grasp.

as his face had inched closer to mine, the boy was quickly shoved off me, thrown to the ground as i watched someone else get on top of him, punching him in the face harshly.

my eyes widened as i noticed it was jungkook, watching him beat the boy up, my heart pounding.

he had suddenly taken out his knife, stabbing him in the neck a couple times, blood spurting all over the ground and on my shoes.

jungkook looked up at me, smiling, warming my heart as he got up, then pulling his body and throwing him in the dumpster.

walking back up to me, i quickly jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"happy birthday baby," he spoke into my ear, "i hope you liked your first gift."

i nodded, "thank you baby.. i loved it."

his arms wrapped themselves around me, hugging me tightly as well.

it is so attractive when he does stuff for me...

"no one can get between us," he spoke, "i promise i won't let them."

i smiled, melting in his words.

pulling from the hug, jungkook had bent down, grabbing the grocery bag that i had dropped and then holding out his hand for me to take in which i wasted no time in doing.

"let's get home," he said, pulling me with him to his place.. or rather, our place now.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

another month had passed by, and jungkook and i had already skipped school for a week now.

i was laying in his arms as we watched a movie.

"this part is the best," he said, pulling me close to him and kissing me on the forehead.

i smiled, watching the screen whilst feeling content in his embrace.