chapter twenty-one

my heart was beating so fast and my mind was going in thousands of circles.

the last thing i could remember was seeing my uncle's disgusting face before collapsing right there in front of him.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

my eyes were so heavy that i could hardly even open them, a strong pain shooting through my body.

parting my lips, i let out a light breath of air, feeling how dry my lips were, how heavy my chest was.

i almost felt as though i was drowning when there was plenty of oxygen.

there was a hand clasping mine tightly, warmth filling my body, but yet i wasn't sure if i should move my head. i felt as though if i moved my body would explode right there.

but that is when i felt a warm drop of liquid fall upon my arm, causing me to turn my head, letting go of the fear i had of hurting myself.

my heart started racing as my eyes came in contact with a depressing looking man beside me.

he looked up to my eyes as i was looking at him, his widening and allowing another tear to escape, one of his hands reaching up to wipe it away quickly.

i could tell he was trying to fix how he looked, causing me to stare at him softly, opening my mouth to speak.

"it's.. t- too late," i let out quietly, "i already saw you."

i couldn't help the extremely small smile that reached my lips.

his eyes were still red and puffy.

"damn it," he muttered, letting out a sigh.

"why do you have to make me worry like this y/n?" he asked, his words pulling at my heart strings.

"you've been asleep enough for me to completely recover..." he spoke, "look at you..."

what?

i have been asleep for how long?

"h- how long.." i let out, my throat dry.

"a whole month," jungkook spoke.

i examined him carefully, seeing his tattoos, noticing that he wasn't wearing hospital clothes.

i'm surprised i'm still in the same reality, because you would think that i would have switched from being asleep for so long.

and it is crazy that it only felt like seconds.

i didn't know what to say.

"you don't need to speak," he spoke, "i will get you out of here as soon as i can."

he grasped my hand tighter in both of his, my eyes never leaving his.

jungkook's beautiful orbs were glossed over from all the tears he had been shedding while i was unconscious from the world around me.

"i- i saw my uncle.."

i don't know exactly why i told him this like he would know what i'm talking about, but it just came out before i could stop myself from speaking.

he looked at me confused, "your uncle?"

i nodded carefully, making sure i wouldn't hurt myself too much.

"what do you mean? did he do something to you?" he asked, suddenly looking very concerned and interested in what i had to say.

"he- he was in the hospital.." i clarified, "right when i left your room.. he was looking for me."