The unlucky Wu Miao

He originally treated her very well because she was young and beautiful. Not even a beast like him can bear to mistreat such a beautiful woman. But Miao Wu was just like the others except bolder, she took advantage of his pampering to seduce his own customers. Unable to live contently with her impotent and old husband, she wanted to find a way out for herself.

Unfortunately, it seemed that she was born under an unlucky star or the men naturally knew that a beautiful and flirtatious woman can never be trusted. They used her and left her without a second thought. Each time Wu Miao had to steel her heart from falling in love, but she is still young and fell too easily. But after months of disappointment and despair, even she became jaded by the men's callous hearts.

That was why when she saw Shu Mei's clear and honest eyes and her beautiful and heroic demeanour, Wu Miao could not resist putting all bets on this one chance. Unfortunately for her, she chose the wrong person to attack, not only is Shu Mei a woman and unable to be seduced but she also has that possessive and ruthless man with her. Wu Miao fell into a trap that she set up and will suffer the consequences of her desperation.

Truth be told, her husband found sadistic entertainment in seeing her affairs with these men. When a decent looking man entered the hostel, he knew that he could watch a play. She would dress up like a peacock and parade around the men in hopeful seduction, then at night he would peak through a hole in the wall to watch the action.

For him, the best part was always her disappointment when the men leave without a care for her. Wu Miao will wait with longing after they left with an offhanded promise to return to take her away which turned to despair when she realises that it was all empty promises.

The husband had no qualms with her getting pregnant from these dalliances because he would make her drink abortion medicine afterwards. There were one or two times when she managed to hook up with a man of great wealth, those times he waited to see if she really could get pregnant.

In his mind, if she could have a baby with those men, they can extract some benefits in the future, even if they couldn't he could see keep the baby. Children from excellent men will likely become excellent themselves so there were no downsides to it.  

But today, she crossed the line and hooked up with a well known beggar in this city! He had washed up, but his leprosy is clearly visible, and the owner can recognise him. Now that she has slept with this man, won't she get leprosy as well?

He valued her for her beauty but who would want a sick woman? He was so angry as he continued slapping her while she is stunned speechless.

"Husband, I am sorry, I was cheated, please forgive me!" she cried and grabbed onto his leg.

He pulled her hair tighter and threw her away from him onto the ground angrily, he does not want to get infected to!

"It is too late for any regrets, you will die today," he screamed before signalling the hostel staff to tie her up and take her to the magistrate.

"No, no, please, don't kill me. Lu Bai! Lu Bai! Save me, I am your woman," she screamed while kicking the two approaching men.

"Lu Bai! Help me please!" she screamed and cried, looking very pitiful. Her beautiful face is now swollen, her hair messy and her white naked body is exposed to the leering looks from the crowd.

"Scream all you want. Lu Bai, that man had left early this morning. He was clearly sleeping in another room last night. You didn't even trap the right man, stupid woman!" sneered the husband.

"What do you mean? This is clearly his room...last night, he...you..." she muttered her eyes glazed over as she looked at the other man in disgust.

The man who had spent the night with Wu Miao had been shaking from suppressed laughter and finally let out a hearty laugh.

"Wu Miao, your husband is right. You stupid woman. You dared to scheme but how can those men fall for something so foolish? They are above your league, only I, Tu Tu, the resident beggar is your match! Haha!" he said maliciously.

"Tu Tu? My god..." she murmured.

Tu Tu had been her father's friend from youth, her father was a wicked man and his friend a rich and lazy man.

The two of them together was a disaster, Wu Miao knew that her father had swindled the friend from all of his inheritance and eventually bankrupted him. When Tu Tu tried to get revenge, her father had sent the debt collectors after him, beating him up so bad that Tu Tu was left for dead on the streets.

When Wu Miao was young and her mother was still alive, she lived decently, using her mother's dowry, they were at least clothed and had enough food to eat. Wu Miao would always sneer at beggars on the street and hold her nose when she walks pass them. Especially, the beggar Tu Tu, who had always come to throw rubbish at their house. No one knew where he got the leprosy from, but his condition worsened over time and more people avoided him on the streets.

The day Wu Miao was sent to the hostel she knew that she had to marry an old man, but she still thought at least she was better than that stinky and disgusting beggar at the door.

Who knew that the scheme she cooked up to trap an angel had brought her the devil instead?

Wu Miao cursed the day she was born and seeing no future for her but death she decided quickly and rushed headlong into the mud wall to kill herself but for a rock that flew at her leg making her fall flat onto the ground. Wu Miao felt more humiliated and stayed on the ground crying uncontrollably. 

"She is better off dead," said Bai Ye as he looked at Shu Mei.

Both are perched on the roof of the hostel watching the unfolding drama, but Shu Mei is not cold hearted enough to watch the woman die like that. She flew down from the roof to where Wu Miao and helped cover the woman up before facing the husband.

"This humble one had overheard, it seems like you are not innocent in this fiasco," said Shu Mei.

"The woman is a serial adulterer and have put a green hat on me. Why am I not innocent?" shouted the man.

"You clearly knew that she had been seducing your customers, instead of keeping her at home or divorcing her, you kept her at the hostel to give her opportunities. Are you running a brothel or hostel?" said Shu Mei bluntly.