The healer

As Shu Mei closed her eyes and finally drifted to sleep, a series of quick flashes emitted from the rock pendant handling loosely from her neck.

In the next moment a tall and slender figure materialised from thin air. Dressed in a simple grey robe with blue silk embroidery and matching blue waist belt. His imagine sells class. His long black hair half tied and half let loose over his shoulders. Standing upright with a naturally majestic posture, the man could command the attention of any room he enters.

Letting out a deep sigh, he stood there for awhile, silently observing the growing red and black mist surrounding Shu Mei as she slept. His jade like face, frozen as he takes every detail. With each moment he blinks a smile appears to set deeper and deeper on his face. He can finally see her!

After being reduced to the confines of the stone, he was lost until he was found by her over ten years ago. His eyes brightened as he remembers her warmth and gentle voice. As he smiles, his stoic handsome face blossoms and shines bright. It would definitely cause many people to swoon, but unluckily the only who could see it is fast asleep.

(Author's note- this mysterious man is based on actor Song Weilong)

He could hear her quiet whimpers and see moisture forming at the corner of her eyes. The red and black mist starts to thicken as Shu Mei's closed eyes darts from side to side. Her whimpers increases in volume as her plump red lips move to form pleading words.

Eyebrows furrowed and fists clenched, he closed his eyes as he sees her nightmare.

He knows she is suffering. The strength and toxicity of the dream is equivalent to the density and colour of the mist surrounding her.

Black mist is the worst type of dream, bedded in horrible real events of a person's life, twisted and magnified to elicit the inescapable gut wrenching pain. It's that type of dream that leaves sadness and depression clinging on even after upon waking up.

When mixed with other colours, the blackness contaminates and twists the dream to pull the dreamer into a state of unreasonable sadness.

The man opens his eyes which have moisten and redden from experiencing Shu Mei's dreams. With a deep breath he moved his hands forward to form a wide circle and then pulling it towards his heart, he whispered a few incomprehensible words.

As he finished speaking, the black mist starts to flow into the enclosed circle towards his heart. The black colour slowly extracts itself from the red. Shu Mei's whimpers quieten down into silence and her tears stopped forming.

When the black is completely absorbed, the room has returned to a peaceful quiet, punctuated with only Shu Mei's steady breaths and the cicadas song outside.

A gentle smile appears on the man's face as he wipes the beads of sweat that had formed on his forehead. He can only slowly absorb her darkness this way to help her slowly heal and face the future without trepidation.

He hopes that using healing through dream art, the darkness that is buried deep inside her heart which manifests itself into dreams or rather, nightmares are slowly reduced and one day be eliminated.

His arms quickly choreographed a series of attractive waves aimed at Shu Mei. When he stopped, a small round translucent orb emerges from her body and hovers just above her heart.

Letting out a long exhale, the man's fist clenched as he observed the numerous shatter marks on the orb. It's translucent and faded gold colour is marked with hundreds and thousands of fine white hairline cracks. Without the thin sliver and almost transparent protective layer covering the orb, it should have surely disintegrated.

Yu Li, very well, for this I will repay you...

Guilt gripped his heart as he remembers five days ago, when it all happened. He was in his last stage of cultivation, afterwards he would be able to materialise into his human form and appear in front of her righteously, as a man.

He would be able to declare his love for her and take her away from her suffering. But who knew, just when he was at a critical stage, he heard the cries for help.

Furiously hating that he was hopelessly trapped in the stone, he tried to force his cultivation to accelerate. As much as he tried to focus, he was distracted by her cries and muffled screams. Sounds of flesh on flesh, material ripping and wails of pain drove him crazy. The continuous sways that rocked his prison further agitated him.

Unable to concentrate against the echoing sounds of her thumping heart beats and drowning in her fear and sorrow he bashed against the enchantment futilely. He wanted very much to rescue her but his bloodied head, shoulders and hands showed his weakness.

When it all went quiet, he wanted to envelope her into his arms and tell her it's going to be alright. He will take care of her for the rest of her life. He screamed his comforting words, hoping to reach her past the walls until his voice ran out. But deep down he knew it was futile. Not withstanding the strong enchantment, he knew only Yu Li's presence could perhaps comfort her.

Even though he knew she was still alive by her warmth and slow heart beat, he heard nothing else or felt a movement. Forcing himself to continue to cultivate, he steadied his focus. While nearing a breakthrough he could feel her movements again.

In a hazy state of cultivation he felt her slow footsteps crunching the dirt path as she walked and then came a long pause. He knew something was off, she stood still for too long.

Then he felt a drop and his whole world was suspended midair. Time seemed to slow down to a stop completely. Bewildered he didn't know what to expect. He suspected that she must have jumped off a cliff but the great impact he was expecting never came.

Suddenly he felt pulled into a free fall, even inside the enchantment he closed his eyes shut waiting for impact. His last thoughts were, if she died then he might as well follow her to the next life. There was no regret there.

Yet, as suddenly as the free fall started it stopped. I could hear the conversations and her actions over the last two days and realised something magical happened. She was not only saved but have been returned to the past.

Feeling extra motivated and rejuvenated with the realisation, he continued to focus on his cultivation.

Today he managed to breakthrough the next level and finally able to escape his enchantment. He had regained all his special powers before he was placed under the enchantment!

It has been a long and torturous twenty years since he last had freedom like this. The first thing he did was do use his light form to lead her to his pot of gold. It is just one of his collection of magical artefacts, not important to him but will help her for the time being. Until he can recover his position in the sect, he will use money to help her.

In his heart, he begged her to give him six months to settle the troublemakers in the sect. After that, he plans to appear before her and properly woo and pamper her. With his plans firmly settled in his mind, a smile widens on his face.

With some quick movements he transferred half his life force to her, added a thin transparent layer of protection over the orb. This should strengthen the protection it until he finds a way to heal the cracks.

After lowering the orb back back into her chest, he sent a complicated signal to the rock pendant that has been his home for the last twenty years. He filled it with his dream art powers so that it can continue to absorb her nightmares for the next six months, until he comes back permanently.

And with a few moments of lingering, he bid her a temporary farewell before he vanished into the night.