Close proximity and being ambiguous

Yu Li found a compromise to satisfy his longing to see her. Under the guise of training and measuring her improvements he makes her come to see him each month. The little girl has the fighting strength of a fierce rabbit. Initially seeing her run laps around him, retreating when he looks at her and advancing when she thinks he isn't paying attention, it was hugely amusing.

Each month, he struggles to hide his urge to laugh at this small figure. As the months passed her strength grew stronger and she could run faster. By the third year, she could easily propel herself up from the ground to hang onto a tree branch.

Yu Li is impressed at her speed and agility she could easily escape by bouncing between levers. Her movements are naturally elegant and light. He finds that when she tries to land a kick she does it so beautifully, flipping in midair and kicking with the foot that one does not expect.

Her hand to hand combat is also impressive, she uses her petite body and flexibility to her advantage. Fluid movements like water, snakes around you and attacks when you less expected. Unfortunately her attacks are still weak, lacking in damaging impact when she manages to touch his side.

Shu Mei doesn't realise it, but her progress over the last few years have been very impressive indeed. Normally when Yu Li spars with his troops, no one could even touch his sleeve let alone land a punch in his side.

Yu Li is happy with her progress, pretty soon the end of the five years will be reached and his final chess pieces will be in place. He will be ready to strike and with her strength he will be able to openly have her by his side.

However, Yu Li is well aware that her feelings for him is purely platonic if not bordering on hatred. He is running out of time to secure her heart before those men would be able to ferret out her location.

Zu Bai Ye, a name that have been dominating the martial arts world have been making trouble for him lately. Zu Bai Ye had mysteriously reappeared over four years ago after a twenty year disappearance. He came back looking like the seventeen year old on day he disappeared without a single sign of ageing.

Since that he reappeared, her family mysteriously received the revered treasure of the Zuyi sect, the never ending pot of treasures. Yu Li's suspicions of their relationship is justified when news of Zu Bai Ye's sightings near her village and Hangzhou over the last couple of years.

He has received news of Zu Bai Ye's conversations with grandma Shu and the Feng people, details all have revolved around Shu Mei's whereabouts.

Recently, his scouts have reported Zu Bai Ye's presence in his territory. Thinking that this man is courting death, he needs to make sure that they don't meet before he could capture her heart.

Yu Li have instructed his people to stir trouble for the Zuyi sect so that it's sect leader must return and be distracted from his search. It was successful to a certain extent but resulted in the Zuyi sect taking over the whole of the martial arts world ruling it with an iron fist as its leader.

Zu Bai Ye's power has become terrifying and unfathomable, making Yu Li even more weary now that he seems to be circling closer towards Shu Mei. In his dreams he never heard of such a powerful person. It would be outside his plans if he had to face off with Zu Bai Ye as well as the force of the whole martial arts world. His enemies would take that chance to attack and weaken his power.

As he pressed against Shu Mei he can clearly see the dirt and small scratch on her bewitching face. His heart feels a pang of regret, he should have held onto her when he caught her kick instead of throwing her to the nearest soft landing spot he could see. Now she has a a small scratch on her left cheek, just below her left eye.

Not knowing what to do he surrenders to his urge and bent down to kiss the scratch. Her skin is soft and body so petite. He hates that she has grown more beautiful each day and despite her patched up clothing, sweaty body and dirty face, she is still so alluring.

Yu Li wasn't oblivious to how Shu Mei's body froze and signs of panic on her face as her eyes darts left and right. That's right, she must think he is finally showing his lecherous self or have simply gone mad.

Over the last four years he have successfully resisted the urge to touch her and hold her. Yet today, panic fills his heart when he saw how beautiful she is and her skills in martial arts. If he wasn't careful, she could really escape from him one day if she had the help of Zu Bai Ye or that Song Wei Li.

Thinking of Song Wei Li caused his blood to boil. The annoying friend of his have been making multiple trips lately to the border, using the excuse to visit him. In truth, he has been petitioned by the Feng brothers to find Shu Mei.

Old grudges piled onto new ones, Yu Li felt that Song Wei Li could not be trusted around Shu Mei. He could not forget in his dreams the numerous number of times he has seems Song Wei Li's heated eyes on Shu Mei's face. Especially, the last dream when Song Wei Li offered to accept Shu Mei as his concubine, despite knowing full well that she has been following Yu Li for ten years and looking after his wrecked body.

Song Wei Li's pained face when hearing her rejection was very satisfying to Yu Li as he hid behind the cottage door observing their interaction. Yes, he needs to be very wary of this friend of his.

Yu Li is tempted by her plump soft lips as it's slightly open position invites him to possess it. He has been dreaming of their close proximity for years, yearning that he could hold her close in his arms for as long as he wished. His body heats up and heart rate quickens as he pressed harder against her body making her take a step closer against the boulder without an space between them.

Their hurried breathing quickly syncs as their body rubbed against each other causing each to be more aroused. Memories of the good times she had in bed with the old Yu Li kept flooding Shu Mei's mind as she took in his familiar scent. Her face burns as she looked up into his eyes, taking in this chiseled jaw and cheekbones. She felt his eyes peering into the depths of her soul and refuse to let go.

No, no, she must not fall for him again! Had she forgotten her devastating end? Regardless of he is a different version of himself, surely the bad luck she had courted will repeat itself in this life?

Determinedly, Shu Mei pushed against his chest and looked away. This broke the spell he had cast on her and he staggered a step back. Releasing a deep sigh he straightened up and smiled at her.

"Don't think too much, I just wanted to make sure you are alright."

Lies, Shu Mei said in her mind, not believing one bit in this man. Surely, no man is trustworthy! Don't tell her that the didn't know that their position was ambiguous. Shu Mei raised her guard further against Yu Li as he moves away in defeat.

For Yu Li, today was wonderful, he got to get closer to her than he ever has over the last four years. The feeling of her chest heaving against his tested his resolution but he was satisfied thus he could resist. Next time she won't be so lucky he thought with a small smirk.