Apologies & Acceptance

Start from the beginning

"He finally managed to stop crying."

I sigh and look up at him, "I really fucked up, huh?"

Liam only looks into my eyes and nods.

"Fuck, I'm a horrible friend" I mumble, dropping my head again.

"You're not horrible...you're just not the best."

I look at him, "Thanks, Li that really helps me."

"What? I'm just telling the truth. You really hurt him."

"You think I don't know that?!"

"Don't yell at me" Liam says lowly.

I sigh once again and run a hand through my hair. "Sorry."

"I'm not the one you need to be apologizing too, Zayn. Louis feels awful, he feels like he has to choose between you and Harry and he wants both but you won't give him that. Do you have any idea how he feels?"

"No."

"You're his friend, you shouldn't be making feel this way."

"I know."

"You obviously don't."

"Give me a break, Li."

Liam scoffs, "Give you a break? If anyone needs a break its Louis! You're being an asshole!"

"No I'm not!"

"Yes you are! How would you feel if we were really dating and Louis didn't like me?"

I think for a moment then sigh, "I'd feel upset and hurt and worried."

"And why?"

"Because I care about you and I care about Louis so I'd secretely date you and I'd lie to Lou. I'd feel trapped and lost...I just wouldn't know what to do. I don't wanna break up with you but I wouldn't want Louis' and my friendship to end" I bite my lip.

Liam places his hand on my thigh, "Zayn, you can't help who you fall for."

I look into Liam's eyes then sigh in defeat and look at the floor.

"Louis fell for Harry and he's happy. Isn't Louis' happiness all that matters? Don't you wanna see your best friend smiling?"

"Yes."

"Okay then, go fix this."

I do as I say, heading upstairs. 90% because I feel bad and must apologize, 10% because you never wanna disobey Liam.

As I head up the stairs, I hear little whimpers that makes my heart shake. I head down the large hallway and turn to Louis and Harry's bedroom, pushing the door a little, it making a squeaking a sound.

My heart sinks at the scene. Louis is curled into a ball on the bed, his back turned to me, whimpering and hiccuping softly as Harry sits next to him, rubbing his back and shushing him. Louis let's out a little plea of 'Don't leave me Harry, I'm sorry' that makes my heart break.

Harry snaps his eyes up to me, they're burning with anger. He's giving me this look that's saying 'Look what you've done to my baby, you bastard. I outta kill you'.

I gulp, "Um...e-excuse me?"

Louis turns his head to me, his face flushed and dried tears on his cheeks, eyes rimmed red. "W-what do you want? Get o-out."

"Can we talk?"

Louis turns his back to me, "You said all you needed to."

I sigh, "Louis, please we need to talk-"