II 5-Trust

(back to Tanisha pov)

"Babe, I swear if this guy did anything to y-"

"Samuel just leave it" I said, not wanting to start something. It was hard to see Temi again, I wasn't sure how to feel.

"So he did do something? Tani just tell me, you know you can trust me" Samuel pleaded.

Could I?

"He didn't do anything, he just blamed himself for what happened" I lied.

"As he should" Samuel replied.

"Let's go" I pulled him out and made us go to the library.

Everyone treated the library like it was some giant bedroom; people coming in their pyjamas, laid out on the bean bags, playing Roblox on the computers. They were just here for vibes.

"The f*ck did you do that for?" Samuel asked but Jamila FaceTimed me just as we got to the library.

Lovely timing.

"Girllllllllllll! I think the time has come where I can ask you out on a double date!" she yelled through the screen before I realised I should've put my AirPods in.

"Damnnn what does he look like?" I asked, intrigued. I'll do anything to avoid talking about myself.

"Sooooo sexyyyyy," she sang in the tune of 'So Anxious' by Ginuwine, "nah but seriously, he's just, ugh, he treats me like a queen. Not even tryna be cringy or nothing but I just really like him and it's only been two weeks lol."

"Aww babe" I smiled.

Jamila deserved the most happiness out of all the people I know. She was always rooting for me and Samuel and I'm glad she's found someone she really likes. She tends to fall in love too fast though and ends up getting her heart broke, so I really hope this guy is good for her.

"Come meet him please, I need Tanisha approval. I'm having a little gathering since I've got over freshers flu" she pleaded.

"As long as you really mean little, I'll be there"

Anything for my bestie <3.

We ended the call and I looked over at Samuel.

"Tani, you're gonna have to talk to me if you want me to help" he sighed.

"I know, I'm just not ready yet. Come with me to  Jamila's today please"

"Ight but you can't avoid it forever"

Unfortunately.

——— vote, share, comment 🤍
        ^these really do be encouraging me to write

sorry if this chapter's a shambles... i haven't written all year, ha.😩

merry new year or whateva