10- Judge

"Define the term social solidarity" Samuel asked me as we laid on his bed studying... with Daniel in the middle of us.

"Uhh, I know this one. It's the social ties that bind a group together isn't it?" I asked.

"Yesss! How you getting everything right, you're bare smart" He kissed my forehead.

"Ewww. Mum said you're not allowed to do that!" Daniel screwed.

"Well she's not gonna find out unless someone tells her" Samuel whispered.

"MU-"

"Daniel abeg you shut up before I never buy you food again" Samuel said before pushing him out.

"Babe it's okay, I need to go home anyway to help my mum with stuff" I hugged Samuel.

"I thought she's out?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I just need to do some stuff before she gets home too. See you later" I kissed his cheek, then left.

Once I got home I opened all my bedroom windows, put a towel under my door, grabbed my portable stove and started making my special butter. I low-key missed the thrill of making these.

After a couple hours, I was done with the sweets, and just needed to put the brownies in the oven.

*incoming call from Jamila*

"Yo Tanisha, I'm walking to your house so don't be nakey or something when I get there" Jamila said, cutting off straight away.

'Why now?' I cried to myself.

It'd probably take her 5 minutes to walk from the bus stop, so I quickly turned my fan on to get the smell out quicker. I also covered what I'd made but kept it in my room in case my mum wanted to come home too. I put my portable stove in the kitchen, sprayed my room, moved the towel from the door and closed some windows so she wouldn't get suspicious.

*ding dong*

Good enough, I hope.

"Hey, how come you're here?" I asked Jamila after opening the door.

"I feel like we haven't talked in timeee, so I thought why not" she said walking to my room, "Chile, why's it so cold in here" she turned the fan off and closed the last window.

"Oh, I was just working out"

"Wait, what's that smell?" She asked making my heart skip a beat.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"I smell febreeze"

I took a sigh of relief, "yeah, after the workout I-"

"You hate febreeze. The only time you used it was when...Tanisha" she looked up at me, "I see that towel on the floor, is what I'm thinking true?"

"Jamila, I know how this looks but it's only for a little while-"

"What!? I'm actually right? I thought I was reaching."

"Only God can judge me for this"

"Don't you remember what happened last time?" She asked.

"Yeah of course I do. I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't desperate."

"For what?"

"I'd tell you if I could"

"Was this all you we're keeping from me?" She asked.

"Yeah"

"Look, I have time on my hands. I can help you"

I really could use her help so I accepted. I just needed her to not tell anyone.

She helped me work out profits and everything since she was better at maths. She helps me so much, sometimes I wish she got into mix up so I could help her back.

"I'll come back tomorrow after school to help with the rest. See you." Jamila hugged me.

"You don't know how much this means to me, thank you" I thanked her then waved goodbye.

——— vote, share, comment 🤍