II 1-Make or Break

I can't believe it had been a year since I met Samuel and we were about to go Uni!

We grown grown.

The only bad thing was that everyone was going their separate ways.

Though near each other, I was going to Uni of Nottingham, Jamila was moving to Nottingham Trent, and Samuel to DeMontfort in Leicester. He only just managed to not have to go to Coventry (thank goodness) but DMU doesn't have the best rep either. Since it had been a year, we felt that we would be able to do long distance; but if anything we were only a train ride away from each other. I could trust him, and he could trust me so that was all that mattered. I guess it would either make or break us.

It was my last day of moving in so I was just bringing my final things into my room when I saw my new flat mate walk in. Since when could you share with males?

"Yoo, what's your name?" He asked, after seeing me.

He must be like 7, 8 inches taller than me...damn.

"Hey, my name's Tanisha Abemi. I came from London, what bout you?" I introduced myself.

"Aah you're Nigerian init? Yoruba?" He asked before I nodded, "same and man's from London too- north sides. I'm Temi, but most people call me Temz. You're first year right?" He said as he started unpacking some of his kitchen things. He's eager to move in; not even resting after all the travelling.

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah but I went colly for three years so I'm 19 stillll" he explained.

We carried on the small talk for a while, talking about our degrees and stuff, and I really liked his vibes and thought we could be good friends. He was already bare mocking me about what I like and how my room's mostly pink. But it was like we'd known each other for time.

(Few days later)

We were told the other two flat mates were coming in about a week so, so we made the most of the kitchen in case they were some 'not home trained oyinbos'. The way he made me die of laughter he was defo my type of person.

I FaceTimed Samuel to see how he was doing since I was pretty sure he'd finished unpacking.

"Man said Jamila already caught freshers flu! Is she lipsing every person she sees or something?" Samuel laughed.

"Babe stop itttt! Anyway I'm bout to go to a freshers party let's hope I don't get it. Have you made any friends yet? It seems like you're just planning on staying home." I asked.

"Nah, I'm tryna be careful who I bring into my life. These uni people come from everywhere bringing bad energy but coated in good vibes"

"Damn. Way to ruin the mood." I screwed.

"Ight sorry B. Have fun you and what's his name? Ovuvuevuevue enyetuenw-"

"Bye. It's Oluwatemitope. You know you're making fun of me too when you make fun of Nigerians...Mr big bunda"

"Kmt. Just promise you'll take care of yourself" he kissed the camera.

"You too. Mwah." I kissed back and we ended the call.

Sigh. Not being able to touch him every day, just a single hug or hand hold, it was lowkey getting to me. We went from literal neighbours to being in different cities. I defo wanted to visit him soon.

I just wanted to enjoy my uni life though (as well as get my degree), and with that I got ready to go to my first ever uni motive!

——— vote, comment, share🤍

Oluwatemitope (Temz) Adenike, 19, Nigerian

(don't expect another update for a while but i shall try to write more <3)