Chapter 24: Intruder

Start from the beginning

"You guys looked exhausted, what happened?" he asked as they all walked inside the mansion.

"On top of Marinette being sick Lila has been aggressively annoying." Juleka stated.

Nino looked at her and raised a brow.

Kagami then explained, "Her lies are getting worse and worse by the minute, she then threw a tantrum at one of our destinations yesterday, earlier she lied about how she's friends with the princess, but I tried to call her out but then Alya just came in to defend her then she and Chloe had a cat fight and Luke and Nathaniel had to break them up. After that we were escorted of the premises for causing a disturbance."

Juleka massaged her head and said, "I'm going to my room I'm too exhausted, bro you coming."

Luka walked after her saying how he too was exhausted. Kagami and Chloe then followed suit.

Nathaniel then looked at Nino and said, "We need to talk."

Nino called in a maid and asked her to bring them to on of the study and to prepare some tea.

Once they were in the room and seated Nathaniel look dead in Nino's eyes and said,

"I want in."

Nino took a sip of his tea and raised an eyebrow.

Nathanie sigh as he continued, "Listen Marinette is my employer and my friend it would be bad if something happened to her and besides, I know that it was the Agreste who did this."

"How?"

"I'm also fluent in mandarin, anyway please I want to help I'm good at self-defence and I can help the strategist team. And I'm good with all the tech stuff, believe it or not I actually planned a bug in Adrien's phone while he wasn't looking."

Nino thought about it and answered, "I will have to talk about this with his majesty first, you will have to go through a series of test first."

Nathaniel shook his head and said, "Not a problem."

Nino the shook his hand and said, "Very well but for now let's keep this a secret, currently the only people that knows about this situation is the Emperor and Empress, the princess, Duke Jiang and the SF division who are in charge of the investigation."

Nathaniel nodded he stood up and was about to leave he turned back and asked, "By the way where did you get the gun?"

Nino chuckled and answered, "If you want one, you're going to have to ask his majesty."

Nathaniel smirked, "You know what, I might just do that. Any way you going to bed?"

Nino waved him off and said, "Later I still have to look over these files."

"Kay, don't stay up too late Ms. B said we're going to the beach tomorrow."

Nino just waved him off as he looked at the investigation file. He looked over at the information and couldn't believe at the stuff he was reading.

'Damn I knew Adrien was a bit of a lunatic but seriously? Sexual harassment against a model, assault and battery 3rd degree towards a hair stylist what the hell. Damn and people think he's just a ball of sunshine? Why didn't they report this?' he thought.

Nino turned the next page, 'Ah, that's why. I seriously can't believe that Gabriel would try to bury this, but I guess he had to since he had to if he wanted Adrien to ascend the throne.'

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Nino called out. But instead of coming in the person kept on knocking on the door. Nino got frustrated and got up to open the door.

"WHO – "

He was cut off as someone kicked him down. Nino looked up as saw that the person was cover in black from head to toe. The mysterious person headed straight towards the papers on the table. As he was about to grab them Nino tackled him down and twisted his arm around his back. Nino kept on pulling his arm till he heard a satisfying crack; he also snapped his head causing him to fall dead. He then shot the person in the head and heart to make sure that he was dead. He then quickly gathers the papers and put them back in the yellow folder.

The sound of the gun shots woke everyone up in the mansion.

Everyone came down to the study and saw Nino with blood splatters on him and a man with a broken arm and bleeding. Chloe eyes widened frozen in shock at the scene in front of her, she looked into Nino eyes and saw that his expression had harden, eyes cold as if there were zero emotions whatsoever, she never imagined her boyfriend to be this cold blooded.

Nino ignored everyone else and bowed at Marinette, indicating that he was acting as her royal guard and nothing more.

"Your highness, I apologize for the disturbance, and I apologize for not being more careful as to let an intruder to enter the mansion." He stated as he spoke in mandarin.

"It's alright, do you mind explaining to me what happened?" Marinette asked.

Nino then handed the folder to Marinette, "The intruder was after this, I suspect that he was sent by Gabriel."

Marinette looked at the file and the body and just nodded at this unfazed. She rang in a maid and ordered them to deal with the body. She looked at William and said, "Make sure the body is disposed of I don't care what you do with it bury it, burn it I don't care just make sure that there's no trace of it."

"Very well princess as you wish." William said as he bowed.

Marinette looked to her friends and saw the shocked look in their faces.

"Why don't we all go to bed, if you guys want answers, we'll talk about it in the morning." Marinette explained, before leaving she looked at Nino.

"Don't forget to report this to my father before going to bed."

"Of course, your highness." Was all that he said.

They all went back to bed with the image of the dead body and Nino side by side. He looked so emotionless, so cold blooded.

Once Nino reported the events to Xukun he walked back up to his room. He stopped in front of Chloe's room debating whether to knock or not, he decided not to and went inside his room.

He thought, 'I'm sorry you had to see me like that Chlo.'