Chapter 26: I'm Sorry...

England's POV:

"Ya ready to go?" I hear Daryl ask from behind me. I turn to look at him and nod my head.

"Yup, already." I sigh. "Be careful out here, alright?"

He chuckles a little at me.

"Shouldn't I be telling you that?" He responds by making me smile.

"See you tomorrow, Dixon" I tell him before getting into the driver's side. As soon as I start the car I race out of there, in the direction the mysterious lady told me. The tires screeching can be heard as I turn a corner.

From the corner of my eye I see Glenn grab onto the side of the door.

"Woah!" He shouts. He clears his throat as I side glance him. "Uh, how did you learn to drive like this?" His voice shakes.I turn a corner again, the only thing being shown is in front of us due to the headlights.

"Dominic Toretto," I responded.

"Is that your uncle?"

I chuckle. This idiot has never seen fast and furious.

"No, He's a race car driver in one of my favorite movies." I hear him scoff and mumble a great under his voice, making me chuckle darkly. I turn one more corner and finally see the Greene mailbox. I stop the car as I see a gate in front.

Glenn gets out to open it, allowing me to drive through. And I wait for him to get back, when he does I drive off in the direction of the house. I park right next to a tree and get out. I don't even wait for the boys as I run-up to the house. I furiously knock on the door waiting, but then I hear a voice on my right.

"Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?" She asks. It's the same girl who took my mom.

"Where's my brother?" I ask without bothering to respond. She nods her head towards the door, I take that as a sign to go in. I go to the first room as I see and walk-in. The sight in front of me, breaks my heart into pieces.

"Mum?" I gasp out, not taking my eyes off my brother.

"England!" I hear my parents breath out. They both rush to me and hug me tight. I hug them back before going to the bedside of my brother. Grabbing his hand, I allow tears to fall from my eyes.

"How?" I look at my father. Guilt and regret can be shown in his eyes.

"A man-Otis- He was trying to kill a-a deer. The bullet went through." He chokes out. I close my eyes shut, not wanting to picture it. We sit in silence for a while until an old man comes in. He looks at me confused before, what seems to be realization crossing his eyes.

"England, I presume?"

I nod not wanting to use my voice and look back at my brother, whose face is pale. Pale as a ghost. All life seems to be drained from his face. The terrible feeling builds up in the pit of my stomach, this whole situation feels all too similar. I look over at my father, who watches the old man's movements like a hawk.

"They don't get back soon, we're gonna have a decision to make," he says looking at my parents. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Who?

"And that is?" -Dad

"Whether to operate on your body without the respirator." -The old man.

"You said that wouldn't work," Mum speaks up.

"I know. It's extremely unlikely, but we can't wait much longer." He responds. Mum gets up and walks out of the room, dad follows her out. I sigh, rubbing my eyes. Herschel turns towards me and smiles lightly. His aura is contagious, making me do the same. "I'm Hershel." He introduces himself. I look over at Carl.