strawberry.

i know i was supposed to end things, and put everything to a stop after what happened with aaron.

but i just can't bring myself to do it. it's him. it's his humour. his tendency to tease me or say something that's not even remotely funny but we both end up cackling anyway. it's the way he converses with everyone and the way he's so polite especially with the elderly people just simply crossing the street. it's his eyes and his lips and his hair. it's the way we almost had sex but didn't. it's the way he kisses me like he's in love with me.

well, i've watched enough romance movies because of minah to know that people kiss people differently when they're in love. vinnie's definitely not in love with me, that would be absurd. but it surely felt special.

i don't know what we're doing, or what we are, i'm as confused as pretty much everyone else is right now but at this particular moment in time i don't care, things are somewhat good and i don't intend to ruin them.

so sorry archer, but as of now i'd like things to keep going as they are. i want vinnie, and i hope he somehow feels the same for me.

vinnie runs back out from the cafe, pushing my thoughts aside before rushing across the road so that his life isn't ended by a speeding motorcycle. that would be very much unfortunate.

"they only had one strawberry flavoured left" i watch vinnie lick at pink ice cream, holding chocolate in his right hand. i scoff. "sorry not sorry" he shrugs, a smile forming at his lips as he eats.

"it's okay, i'm sure you can repay me somehow" i sigh, starting on my own ice cream.

"oh yeah? how?" vinnie bites his lip, gazing at me.

"you know i'm in real need of a pedicure right now" i smirk.

"pedicure? please stop talking" vinnie doesn't even bother to consider my words.

"if i stopped talking you wanted be able to hear my next words vincent" i roll my eyes.

"fine" he inches closer to me on the park bench.

"as your payback for giving me chocolate ice cream, which you know i hate, i'm suggesting you give me a pedicure. you've got great hands, you should put them to good-"

"i don't know anything about pedicures" vinnie says, kicking the dirt beneath his feet.

"learn then"

"and what about me? what my favour?" i glance at him in utter confusion.

"i'm not sure you're understanding. you owe me, i don't owe you anything." i squint my eyes at him.

"i feel like you should owe me something too, it'll make me feel better" i shake my head at his words.

"fine, since it's going to make you..." i hold my fingers up in quotation. "...feel better." "what do you want?" we're facing each other fully now."

"just one little thing. i promise it's tiny, minuscule" i nod softly.

"what-"

vinnie leans forward, catching me off guard as he presses his mouth on mine, humming a little.

i think my mind just about explodes.

he takes my lower lip between his lips, his hands finding themselves onto my waist only to pull me closer to him. vinnie lips are soft and gentle, the taste of strawberry is still lingering on his lips just a little and it's making me feel even more crazy.

then his hand is cupping my face, and i feel him smile against the kiss. he pulls away, and my heart finally calms down a little. i press a finger to my lips, still shocked.

vinnie rises to his feet, and i knit my brows together.

"thanks" "for?" i question. "letting me kiss you again." "oh" "you're very welcome" i fidget with my fingers in my lap.

"you know, i can guarantee a lot more of what just happened if you agree to give me a pedicure" he sighs, rising to his feet.

"where are you going?" i ask, watching him whilst waiting for an answer.

"to go buy some books on how the fuck to give a pedicure" i can't help the the smile creeping into the corners of my mouth.

a/n!
omfg it's been a while since i updated this and i am so so sorry word seriously can't explain. this book is bad, so bad imo that it doesn't motivate me to write it, so i know some ppl will be happy when they see this notif this so pls just know that i'm sorry :) and i really really will try to update this more regularly <33