bra.

chapter 9

"can you put a shirt on please? we are studying, not working out" i huff out, watching vinnie laugh at my flustered state.

i can tell he is amused by my flush, and it is somewhat unsettling.

"it's hot" he mutters, stretching as he leans against the counter eyeing me.

a light trail of dark hair at the end of his stomach flows in a line until it disappears into his pants. small tattoos are dotted all around the skin, from his arms to forearms to waist.

i could never get a tattoo, my aunt would kill me.

"in winter?"

"yep, there's never a time not to be shirtless" he says, and i want to laugh but i force it back down. he mustn't think he amuses me, it shouldn't be that way. we're not friends.

"whatever, can we just get this done? i have places to be"

"and where could you possibly be on a saturday morning lana?" he questions, finally sitting opposite me in the kitchen. he grabs a clean grey shirt from beside him, throwing it over his head.

"my bedroom" i say, a smile widening at my lips.

"well you could-" his words are cut off as the glass of water is tipped over beside me, spilling al over the desk and onto my clothes.

i hiss at the contact of the cold water, opening my eyes to see vincent practically on the floor.

"i stand up, feeling the water seep through my clothing as vinnie's harsh laughs invade my ears.

"oops" he finally mutters as he calms down.

"you're so lucky i didn't get my books out yet"

water drips onto the ground as i crumple the ends of my shirt into one hand, scrunching it to release the excess liquid.

"that was actually an accident" he collects the glass.

"but it was still funny anyways" vincent adds.

"no. it wasn't funny and now my clothes are soaking wet and see through" see through! my white shirt is see through! i turn around quickly, realising he could probably see my bra underneath.

"relax, i can't see anything" he says, but i cross my arms over my chest, turning back around.

"there's no dish cloth, guess i'll just have to use my shirt" he pulls it off hastily, wiping the table down with his shirt.

i watch as his back muscles flex with every move he makes, abs rippling across his skin. woah.

"i have spare upstairs in my room. you'll probably have to change your pants too" there is a hint of satisfaction behind his voice.

"that's okay, i can just go home and change" i suggest.

"no, i'm the one his spilled it all over you so let me fix it"

i give up and oblige, knowing i'm not going to win this fight anyway.

vinnie leads me up to his bedroom, pushing the door open slightly. but stopping before i can enter.

"wait here" he shuts the door in my face, i hear a bit of shuffling around before it opens back up.

i step in, taken aback but what i see.

"this is not what i expected at all" i widen my eyes at the posters and tapestries displayed across the walls.

"what did you expect?" he watches me examine his photos before slamming them shut flat on the desk. i chuckle at his attemp to hide his stuff from me.

"pictures of naked women?" we share a laugh. vinnie makes me laugh, a lot more than i would like.

"you think that low of me?" he gasps, ruffling through his closet.

"yes, actually" i giggle, looking at more of his posters.

"what does this mean?" i point to one, a few words in i'm guessing spanish are on it.

"it's spanish. it means 'the art of peeing'" he says, and i tilt my head to the side in confusion.

i decide not to comment on that one.

"here" he hands me a large shirt and some cotton shorts.

"you can change in the bathroom, but you have thirty seconds" i watch as a smile plays at his full lips.

"what, why?"

"you just do. twenty eight seconds now before i come in" i groan, rushing into the bathroom.

a pack of extra large condoms rest on the counter and i snigger at them before removing my clothes.

"fifteen seconds!" he yells through the door, only managing to have put the shorts on.

"five!" my hair gets caught in my bra clasp as i try to remove it, but it won't budge.

i try to force it to unclasp, debating whether or not to just leave my soaking wet bra on or ask vinnie to do it.

"uhh vinnie?" i bite my lip, feeling embarrassed.

"yeah? are you okay?"

"well i- my um-"

"spit it out!"

"my hair is stuck in the clasps of my bra and i can't remove it" i admit, heat arises in my cheeks.

a moment of silence comes to pass before vinnie bursts into a fit of laughter.