raven.

chapter 11

i fiddle with my hands in my lap, contemplating what to do next.

everything is just awkward with vinnie. after what happened last week we haven't spoken since. whatever happened... wasn't supposed to happen. we're just supposed to be helping each other out, well i'm helping him out.

jonah hasn't spoken to me since either. this isn't the way things are supposed to be, and i intend to fix them.

so i set off for jonah's house. he doesn't live far and i'll just quickly dart in to apologise then leave.

i walk up his driveway, taking in the random colourful gnomes and other clay formed structures that are dotted around the front lawn.

jonah's mother has always been so full of sunshine, so kind and welcoming and bright.

her son on the other hand... not so much.

i knock on the door hesitantly, waiting a few moments before it clicks open. jonah reveals himself, coming into the light.

he looks pretty shaken up, hair completely messed up unlike it usually would be slicked down with hairgel.

i clear my throat pretty loudly, unsure of what to say, until i notice the glass bottle he's clutching at side of his waist.

i furrow my brows, eyeing him head to toe to actually realise what is wrong. he's drunk.

"what do you want lana?" he slurs, before looking back into the house then stepping out and shutting the door. what's up with him? why is he drunk in the middle of the day?

"i came here to apologise... but obviously your pretty occupied doing something else"

"yeah...but we can talk for a moment" he says, adjusting his stained shirt that looks like it has been vomited over a million times.

"are you okay? why are you drinking-"

"jonah what the fuck are you-" the front door is opened, and a girl makes her way out, folding her arms over her chest.

her exposed chest.

she's wearing a thin silk robe, but it has come undone revealing her bra and underwear.

shiny raven hair covers the girls head, reaching her shoulders with a black headband placed over to keep the loose pieces in place.

she stands tall, hands tightened around her middle as she stands close to jonah with a glare spread across her face.

despite the scowl on her face, the girl is stunning. her cheekbones are high and sharp, reminding me of minah's.

"who's this?" she chews on a piece of gum, while clinging onto jonah's arm as he waits for me to say something.

but i can't. i can't even speak.

"lana, i know what you're thinking, but it's not what it looks like i promise"

"i thought i asked you a question, babe?" she adds.

babe?

at that moment the words passed her lips, everything changed.

jonah has hurt me before, yes. but nothing like this. i never thought he would cheat on me.

"i think i'll just leave" i turn my back on them, tears welling up in my eyes.

i shouldn't cry over this boy, he means nothing to me now and he never will.

but i can't help the tears streaming down my face.