stop.

chapter 12

"but seriously, are you okay?" minah leans back against the windshields on aaron's car, holding a comfort gaze between the both of us.

"yeah, i guess. i mean there's not much i can really do" i glance down, starter to get rather uncomfortable on the front of the car.

"scissors were made for a reason" she motions chopping with her hands.

"i'm back!" aaron jumps up onto the car plopping right next to minah.

she smiles as if she's won the lottery. i'm glad he makes her happy.

"this is for you, and this is for you" he hands me a soda, a small smile gracing his lips.

aaron is so sweet, and kind. and he's the total opposite of minah. how they're compatible, i don't know. but i'm guessing they make it work.

vinnie and i are complete opposites too. but you know what they say about opposites attracting.

no! no, opposites shouldn't attract all the time. i'm heartbroken and confused and somehow i find myself gravitating towards vinnie quickly.

"lana" i glance up at the sound of my name meeting dark hooded eyes with mine.

speak of the fucking devil.

"oh hey? vinegar is it?" minah jokes. aaron chuckles but vinnie doesn't. instead he rolls his eyes at her.

i would say something but right now i don't have the energy to do anything.

the sun starts to set, casting a purple and pink glow over the sky. the humid air dances around my shoulders, along with the slight breeze wafting through my hair.

the weather's nice today.

"i think gonna head home now" i wave them goodbye, letting myself off the car, pulling my pull-over on properly so that it rests on my shoulders unlike a few seconds ago.

i glance around my surroundings, realising that i'm actually unaware of where we are.

aaron drove us to this deserted place, just to hang and enjoy the last bits of the humid air before it becomes scorching hot in summer.

"i'll drive you" i look behind vinnie to see a car behind him, one that i didn't even notice him pull up in just a few minutes ago.

"uhh... that's okay" i'm not ready to be alone with vinnie again, who knows what'll happen.

"i insist" he smirks.

that stupid, stupid smirk.

before i know it i'm sitting in the back of vinnie's car, forcing myself to look out of the windows.

he hasn't started it up yet.

"why are you in the back?" his voice is low, the slight rasp driving me crazy.

"because i am. problem?" i bite back, i'm not sure why. vinnie lets out a hearty laugh.

"fiesty now, are we?" i roll my eyes, not wanting to have any more conversation with him. he's tiring me out.

after a few minutes, the door beside me clicks open, and vinnie climbs in next to me.

"what are you doing? you said you'd drive me home" vinnie smiles, looking back to see aaron and minah gone. they must've left too.

"i will, i just wanna sit here with you first"

"can you just take me home? i don't have time for games vincent" i feel his cold stare against my back. my heart starts beat faster and faster.

"oh, but i'm not playing any games" i turn around to face him, meeting the darkened gaze i knew would be displayed across his features.

"why have you been avoiding me?" he breaks the silence, eyes lowering to my lips as the air suddenly changes.

it becomes...tense.

"i... i haven't been avoiding you" i break eye contact, only to regain it again.

"oh come on, be honest with me"

this vinnie is different. this vinnie isn't trying to be sweet, or make some sort of attempt to be nice to me.

this vinnie is dark, his aura is demanding and intoxicating, and i don't know what part of me will be able to stop it before it consumes me as whole.

"i- i wasn't avoiding you" i sputter, holding my breath as he slowly nears closer to me, the proximity between us decreasing.

stop.

the sudden need to feel his skin on mine  over me, and i can't push it away.

stop.

"do you want me to stop this time?" he asks, pausing.

say yes. say yes.

"n-no" the hairs on the back of my neck stand, and my arms, and all over my body...

"i thought i shouldn't kiss you last time, lana"

i want to step away, pull away, but there's that part of me telling me to kiss him.

"i'll stop, if you want" vinnie gets closer and closer, to the point where i can feel his long breaths fanning against my lips.

"no" i shake my head, the heat and tension in the car threatening to kill me.

with a few light brushes our lips meet, vinnie's hand finds my cheek. hums of satisfaction pass both our lips as the regret i thought would invade my mind, doesn't.

-
a/n
things are moving a bit quick lol, but dw it's all makes sense.