𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

ONE WEEK LATER.

"James Buchanan Barnes, can't you ever be on time?" I laughed, sitting in the passenger seat with my legs propped on the dash.

Bucky rolled his eyes, the sunlight becoming spotty through the windshield as we entered a tunnel of trees. "Oh shut it, not like you didn't take your time getting ready."

I examined my looks in my phone camera, tilting my head. "I had to look my best."

"Of course you did." He chuckled, pulling up in front of the same worn-down lakehouse, opening the car door, and stepping into the fresh air. "Finally... god, it's gorgeous here."

"Tell me about it... We should live here full time." I commented, grabbing the cake out of the back and handing it to him.

He shook his head, "I would, but I'd definitely turn into a full-time fisher, and my arm wouldn't appreciate that."

I looked up, hearing the commotion coming from the docks. "They started the party without us, bozo. Come on!" I grabbed his free hand, running toward the music and voices.

AJ and Cass emerged from the large crowd of people, giggling and throwing fake punches at us. I dodged their hands, picking Cass up and kissing his forehead. "Why hello there, my favorite boy! I missed you!"

AJ rolled his eyes and pouted, "Rude. I thought I was your favorite!"

"You're both my favorites, don't argue." I put Cass down, setting the cake Bucky had in his hands on the table. 

Cass rolled his eyes, "Not fair." he grumbled, crossing his arms and sitting at the picnic table. He stared at the cake, smirking slightly before I immediately picked the dessert up. 

"Absolutely not, mister. This is for after you eat some real food, and everyone has a slice, okay?" I said, raising a brow.

AJ smirked, "That's what he gets..."

Cass frowned, "Oh come on! You always let me have a piece of cake before everyone else!"

"And since when have I done that?"

"The one time we celebrated your dog's birthday! You let me have some of that small cake you got him! It tasted so bad too, I got sick after!"

Bucky looked over, "You had a dog?"

I sighed, placing a hand on my forehead. "Yes, I did but... wait a second..." I looked down at Cass, "The cake we had for his birthday was full of dog treats and dog food! I wouldn't let you have a piece of it- you ATE dog cake?!"

Cass snickered, "Gotcha."

AJ laughed and held up his open palm, "High five, lil' bro! You're growing up to be just like me. I'm so proud."

I groaned and buried my face in my hands, shaking my head. "This is why..." my gaze moved to Bucky, who was covering his mouth with his metal hand and clearly holding back laughter, "James."

He threw his hand back to his side and looked at me, "What?" He pursed his lips, trying his best to force a smile down.

"You think this is funny, don't you?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"No, ma'am." He responded, trying his absolute best to keep a straight face before a snort came from him, prompting him to immediately cover his mouth. "Fuck-"

I sighed and raised my hand, flicking his forehead and chuckling. "Hey, it's not funny when you're the one thinking you poisoned a poor kid with dog food."

"But the way you thought you actually did it- please! The look on your face was priceless!" He burst out in laughter, not bothering to censor it any longer.