𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Am I dead?

No, he didn't pull the trigger.

Then why do I feel so lightheaded?

My body was thrown by white light surrounding me. A forceful gust of wind flew me into the concrete wall behind me. My knees buckled under me, falling hard on my right shoulder. The white light surrounding me faded into red, yellow, and orange fire.

I opened my eyes, bringing my hands to protect them as I looked around. My vision faded from blurry back to normal. The whine of gas tanks was the only thing motivating me to stand, but I couldn't.

Slowly, I tried to get back on my knees, my body weak and unstable as I kept stumbling and failing to stand correctly. I looked around, desperate to find a form of escape. I didn't have much time to dwell on the fact that Zemo had almost shot me if it weren't for that rocket launcher.

"Bucky..." I breathed, looking around, "Sam? Sharon?"

A hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me up. I managed to grasp my gun as it almost fell from my lap. My other hand gripped the person's shirt tightly, looking over as the whine got more high-pitched. My head fell against the hold on me, barely escaping the empty container before it exploded behind us.

I shuffled out of the person's arms, regaining my balance and my wits before looking up at Bucky. "Thank you... I almost thought you left me there."

"I couldn't leave you behind. You know, I promised to protect you."  He whispered, scanning me over for injuries.

"You've never told me that before."

He blushed, his eyes going wide with realization, "Oh- well, now I'm saying it." he chuckled sheepishly.

Before I could respond, several gunshots were heard as bounty hunters surrounded the burning container. "You go that way, I'll go this way. Don't get killed."

Bucky nodded, moving to the other side of the container as I kept the left side. I maneuvered behind a corner, shooting at some people and hitting two behind a street barricade.

I jumped over the debris blocking my way, moving into clear view as I managed to pull my other Glock from my holster. My head went on a swivel, looking left and right as bullets ricocheted off the steel that was supposed to cover me.

A hunter approached me from behind, making my eyes go wide as I pulled out my staff. I clicked the hidden button and stabbed the small, protruding dagger into his stomach. I aimed my gun at his temple, firing a bullet into his skull.

It was the first time I had killed someone, or at least knew I had killed someone since HYDRA.

I had no time to think of it. My fingers were quick and nimble as they pulled the two triggers, making sure to accurately hit every person coming in our way.

When the trigger tightened and the click of an empty magazine was heard, I knew I was fucked if I didn't move. Bodies and injured bounty hunters littered the ground as I holstered the two considerably lighter artillery.

My eyes flickered up to where a man in a fur coat and a purple mask was standing on a container, aiming for a thick gas line in the middle of the containers.

"Lucy!" I heard Bucky's voice call desperately from where the other three were hiding.

If I tried to get to them in time, I would be blown up. Adrenaline pumping through my veins, I managed to launch and hoist myself onto another container, rolling across the steel as the gas line and bullet collided. A large explosion was created, the hair tie holding my brown locks up snapping at the force.