❈Xiao❈

✦ Got some random inspo. This is kinda like a vent fic for myself so it might be seen as cringy...for that I am sorry. This is major hurt/comfort btw. Angsty but happy ending. ✦

﹂

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

╔═.✾. ═════════════
The sound of silence was deafening. It was suffocating. Yet my thoughts were as loud as ever. My emotions were boiling over. I wanted to cry out but at the same time I felt numb. I wanted to talk to someone but I felt like there was no one who truly cared about me. I felt completely and utterly alone.

I know I should get out, I need to make money, be an active member of society. Reassure my friends that I'm okay if they noticed something up was with me. But getting out of bed was a task I couldn't handle at the moment. I know Verr Goldet knew something was wrong because on the off chance I did get up, there was food left outside my door. I was thankful, I have to repay her when I get in a better mental state.

Little did I know that a certain Adeptus was profusely worried. Xiao couldn't help but ponder where the mortal could possibly be. He would never admit that the worst scenarios haunted his head. He should be happy, finally (y/n) was staying away. He didn't want to associate with mortals whom he found weak (in reality he didn't want his karmic debt to affect them).

After days with no sign of (y/n), Xiao couldn't take it anymore. His selfish desires to make sure you were alive and healthy overwhelmed him. Everyone and their grandma's could tell Xiao was worried. He glared at anyone who managed to cross his pass as he looked for the only mortal that could cause him to act like this. Verr Goldt gave him a sad smile as he passed her for the nth time.

"Xiao, are you perhaps looking for someone?" She asked softly. Xiao sent her an icy stare, but his eyes showed how lost he felt. "They're in room 15-" Before she could finish her sentence Xiao was already gone.

(Y/n) didn't notice when Xiao entered their room, too busy wallowing in their depressing thoughts. Xiao didn't know what to make of the scene. Hair disheveled, dark eye bags, half eaten plates of food littered the room. Never had he thought he would witness such a sight. Normally, (y/n) was a kind, considerate, and always was a person of comfort. Seeing them in such a sight made Xiao's stomach churn. They were a pillar of support to him, the least he could do was try to return their kindness.

Yet there was a major problem. He didn't know how to comfort someone, having lived his entire life alone, his only interactions being those he fought.

"(Y/n)?" He called out gently.

Eyes widening, (y/n) felt conflict running through their mind. On one hand, they wanted someone to comfort them, hold them, tell them that they were cared for and that everything will be alright. Yet on the other hand the need to be alone was strong.

"May I sit?" Xiao asked, not wanting to overstep any boundaries. The most they could do was give a small nod, their wish to have someone there overpowering their want to be alone. Feeling the bed move (y/n) slowly opened their eyes. Their eyes trailed up from where he sat, dull (e/c) eyes meeting catlike golden ones. The look of pure concern in his eyes had their heart seemingly droop. Sitting up, they automatically felt what they were going to say next fall from their lips like it has done so before.

"I'm sorry Xiao," (Y/n) muttered, their voice raspy. "I'm just...not feeling myself. You don't have to bother with me, I'll be fine in a few more days."

Xiao's usual frown tugged lower as he heard them say that. Why were they apologizing? He couldn't wrap his head around how they could blame themself for how they were feeling.

"You have nothing to apologize for," He uttered, his gaze stern to try and get his point across. "W...would you like to tell me why you're feeling this way?"

With that, (y/n) started to talk about how they were feeling. Having someone listen and not just keep in their emotions made them feel better. They wanted him to hold them, to caress their hair, but they knew Xiao seeking them out was a miracle in itself. They also knew that he had boundaries and they didn't want to cross them and make him hate them.

A wave of exhaustion suddenly hit (y/n), dealing with emotions were no easy thing. Without realizing it, their head slowly fell onto Xiao's shoulder. Xiao didn't know how to react, their resting place looked uncomfortable but he didn't want to scare them off. Slowly, he rested his back against the headboard while slowly leading your head to rest in his lap. His heart beat erratically as he felt his face flush at his predicament.

Never had he thought that a mortal would worm his way into his life and make him weak. Yet here they were, laying in his lap with a peaceful look, vastly different then from before. Eyebrows furrowing he knew that tomorrow, his goal would be to get you to smile and laugh once more. He doesn't want to imagine another day with you wearing a frown.
╚═════════════.✾. ═

✦ The ending was bleh but whatever. I became a major Xiao simp after he was in one of my dreams recently LMFAO ✦