❈Bennett❈

﹂╔═

╔═.✾. ═════════════
"Hello Katheryne!" I greeted cheerily. "I would like to join the adventure guild."

I always wanted to be an adventurer yet I finally got the right means to join.

"That's great (y/n)!" Kathryne congratulated. "Did you consider any teams to join?"

"Teams?" I asked confusedly.

"Teams that you would adventure with, normally they would be around 3 to 4 people," She explained. "If you want there's a team who would be glad to accept you."

"I'll join that one then if they don't mind."

Alright," Kathryne nodded with a bright smile. "I'll add you to 'Benny's Adventure Team' right away."

"Hey Katheryne!" A happy voice shouted. I looked behind me and saw a guy around my age with platinum blond hair, nearly white along with very pretty green eyes. "Any commissions?"

"Well," Kathryne said. "Today I'm gonna give you an easy one since you've got a new member on your team."

The guy, I'm assuming Benny (?), looked ecstatic, "Really?"

"Yup," Kathryne nodded. "Bennett, meet (y/n). (Y/n) meet Bennett. There's a small camp of hilichurls near Springvale that needs to be wiped out."

"Alrighty," Bennett smiled looking at me. "Let's go!" With that we made our way out of Mondstat. "Why'd you choose to join my team?" Bennett asks curiously.

"I wanted to become an adventurer and didn't know I had to be a part of a team," I explained somewhat sheepishly. "But I'm actually glad that I did, especially yours because you are very nice and welcoming." His eyes widened and his cheeks redend a little, yet a giant smile filled his face.

"I'm glad I make you feel comfortable!" Bennet said happily. This guy was very happy and it was nice. "So what weapon do you use?"

"I use (weapon choice), I'm also an (vision type) user as well," I said.

"We'll be the best team ever!" He exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air. A small breeze passed by us and all of a sudden Bennett got hit in the head. "Ouch," He whined out, rubbing the back of his head.

"Are you all right?" I asked worriedly, stopping in my tracks to stand in front of him to make sure he is all right.

"Ah don't worry," He chuckled. "Happens all the time. You see...I don't have the best of luck. In fact I'm pretty unlucky."

"You know that's funny," I said with a giggle.

"Why's that?" He asked, confused.

"Because I've been told that I'm pretty lucky!" I smiled brightly. "Maybe we'll counteract each other."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✨

That was over a few months ago. We've grown close. Closer than normal friends. Our hugs would last a few seconds longer than normal. We would share longing stares (that if we were caught by the other we would both become a flustered mess). Yet both of us were both too shy to say anything. Which caused our friends around us to try and get us to talk.

"You need to confess already!" Amber shouted out exasperated.

"You two are adorable," Kathryne would say. "Are you together yet?"

Even the damn Captain of the Knights had something to say, "You should woo him with some wine, that is quite romantic."

"They're still minors," Diluc reminded with a shake of his head.

I was feeling slightly pressured. I wanted to confess, badly, but I didn't know how. Should I get him flowers? I know normally the guy does that, but it was still a romantic gesture nonetheless. Maybe I should take him out somewhere that was special to us and confess. Or maybe just write a love note? Yeah that sounds like the most appealing option. So I wrote it;

Hey Benny,

You might be confused about why I'm writing to you. Well, I'm too much of a coward to tell you straight up so I decided a letter won't be too bad. I wish I had the guts to say this to your face, but I'm too scared to see how you'd react. I know our relationship will forever be changed after this confession, but here goes nothing.

I like you. More than a friend. I know you probably don't like me back, but I hope that we can stay friends.

Your friend,

(Y/n) (L/n)

I waved off Deborah, a friend of mine, as she left to deliver the letter. I can't go back now.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✨

I was standing on the edge of one of the waterfalls in Mondstdt. It was a beautiful view. I haven't seen Benny since I sent the letter and I was consumed by my anxiety. Does he hate me? Does he not want to hurt my feelings? Did he even get the letter?

"(Y-y)-wh-whOAH!" The familiar voice of Bennett said from behind me. I turned around with wide eyes at the scene before me.

"Oh my!" I exclaimed. "Are you okay Benny?" I couldn't help let out a small chuckle at the scene in front of me. He was sprawled out like a starfish (face down), flowers clutched in his left hand.

Slowly Benny looked up at me with a sheepish smile and a rose tint dusting his cheeks, "H-hey (n/n)." He stood up and walked closer to me. "These are for you," Benny said, handing me the wilting lamp grass.

"Thank you Benny," I replied with a smile as bright as my blush.

"Th-that letter..." Benny trailed off. "What you said was true right?"

"Y-yeah," I said, stuttering.

His eyes widened with disbelief, "I like you like that too!" I let out a breath I didn't realize that I was holding. "It seems that my luck isn't so bad."
╚═════════════..