❈Zhongli❈

﹂

╔═.✾. ═════════════
My situation was...unusual. I got reincarnated into my favorite game, Genshin Impact. It was unusual. Sometimes I would think I'm crazy, but I remembered that when I was younger I still had the mind of a 20 year old. Slowly, my past life was fading from my memories, only holding onto visions of my previous family along with my favorite things. Like how I'm currently living in my favorite game. Honestly? The first thing I wanted to do is go out and meet my favorite characters. Unluckily, I was born as a random person in Liyue. Great. But I'm not complaining, since I can explore this world even more than before.

I was seen as a prodigy since I learned things quickly. Of course this is due to my mind being that of a 20 year old. I didn't want to stand out too much though, just in case the Fatui noticed. But they haven't been in Liyue too much yet. Anyways, my family had me work hard so I could work for the Qixing (they specifically wanted me to work for Ningguang). Instead, Keqing saw my talents and hired me to be her assistant. Hey, I got to work for Keqing though!

Currently, I had caught up and even passed my previous age. I was now 25, and I have been working for Keqing for 7 years. Rex Lapis' death happened a few years ago. I'm glad I was able to witness such a historical event. Of course I knew what truly happened, but for the sake of my life, I had to be just as clueless as everyone else. So you could understand my excitement when Keqing had me collect certain paperwork from Wangsheng Funeral Parlor.

As I entered I was greeted kindly, workers recognizing me right away.

"Hello Ser* (y/n)," They greeted me. "What brings you here today?"

"I need some documents for Lady Keqing and I'll be out of your hair," I replied with a smile.

"Zhongli is in charge of most of the paper work here so I'll take you to him," They said, walking towards an office. Knocking on the door, a low voice replied with a gentle 'come in'. "Mr. Zhongli, Ser (y/n) has come for some documentation."

Looking up from the papers that sat in front of him, his golden eyes met my (e/c) ones and my breath hitched. Ok so maybe I simped over peepaw Zhongli in my past life, that I can vividly remember now that I'm face to face to him. I felt my cheeks warm when hey sent me a gentle smile. Get yourself together (y/n)! He's not just a character anymore, he's a living breathing hu-archon. I took a deep breath to calm myself and smiled back.

"Hello Mr. Zhongli," I greeted. "I won't take up much of your time."

"Business shouldn't be rushed, Mr. Liu, please bring us some tea," Zhongli said with a slight nod. Quickly, Mr. Liu, as I learned, brought tea in and we started to talk about what I needed. He handed me the documents I needed but our conversation went from work to our personal beliefs.

"What are your thoughts about the adepti?" He questions, quietly sipping his tea after.

"I'm grateful for how they continue to help us even till this day," I said with a smile. Of course I would know about Ganyu and Yanfei since I've worked with them before, but I shouldn't mention Xiao even though he deserves praise as well.

"I see," Zhongli nodded. "I know you've probably worked with Ganyu and Yanfei."

"Yes," I nodded. "But we shouldn't forget about the others as well, they've done much to help us, I've heard many stories about Xiao helping people who were in danger." Good thinking me.

"Ah Xiao," Zhongli sighed, a reminiscent look in his eyes. "Yes, even though he denies it, he likes protecting the people of Liyue."

"What are your thoughts about the adepti?" I questioned.

"Hmm," He hummed out. "I believe the age of adepti is coming to a close, expecially after the death of Rex Lapis along with defeating Osial."

"I see where you're coming from," I agreed. "But the way Ningguang relies heavily on Ganyu, who is severely overworked, but no one person could take over her job. The only reason why she can work nearly nonstop is because she is an adepti. The same thing with Yanfei, she has been able to learn quicker than the normal person and she has more energy than the average person. Without them in our society things would not be going as smoothly."

"You seem to be very acknowledgeable of the adepti," Zhongli commented and I felt myself sweat slightly. "There also seems to be something different about you, you seem to be from here yet not at the same time."

Glancing at the clock in his office I noticed that I should leave soon so I decided to leave this sticky situation, "That's strange, but it seems I've stayed for too long. Perhaps we could continue this conversation another time."

"I would love to," He agreed. "I hope we see each other again soon."
╚═════════════.✾. ═

*Ser is the gender neutral version of Sir/lady and those kinda things, idk I looked it up