❈Childe❈

﹂╔═

╔═.✾. ═════════════
The whispers of people could be heard all around. The rumors, gossip, most of it all false based on something much smaller than people make it out to be. I've heard many rumors, many false tales that spill from peoples lips. One big rumor stood out from any other though.

The Fatui harbinger that hangs around the docks of Liyue. They say many things about this mysterious man. How he doesn't wear a mask and is very friendly, but don't be swayed by his good looks and kind facade. I've heard from many people that he was a literal devil and no one was safe.

Yes many rumors are fake. Yet for this one, my gut told me differently. If this Fatui harbinger really doesn't wear his mask that means he's very smart. It would be easier to get information from people without fear, if they see you as a friendly tourist then they won't hesitate (most of the time) to share what they know.

Now I haven't met this infamous Fatui yet (hopefully), but I honestly hope I never do. It all just seemed like bad news and I'd rather keep that out of my life. I have a simple life, work in a small bookshop, have lunch by the harbor, head home and relax. Then repeat. Yet my cycle shifted slightly.

"Welcome back Xingqiu!" I waved towards the customer, Xingqiu, who frequently visited. "I just got a new stock, they're over there."

"Thank you my liege," He responded with a kind smile, then went to check out said books. Not too much longer someone entered. When I saw him I just kind of deadpanned. Like yeah okay he doesn't wear his mask...but it's still on the side of his head. Maybe it was a procedure to have it? I should still keep my guard up though, who knows why he is here. I should treat him like any other customer huh?

"Welcome!" I greeted in a clearly fake cheery tone. "Please look around, and if you need anything feel free to ask."

"As a matter of fact I do have a question," The fire haired man claimed with a smile walking over to my reception area. "I was wondering if you know any places nearby that sell good food."

I blinked at him, wondering if I should give a snappy answer or just be nice so maybe this goes faster. It would be wise of me to be nice, since he could kill me and all, but honestly, who cares.

"You've been here long enough," I started. "I'm sure you already know." His eyes widened in surprise but his grin grew larger.

"My, no need to be rude," He breathed out. "I'm Childe by the way."

I noticed outside that someone was about to come in. Yet one glance at the Fatui in my establishment had him scurrying away like a rat.

"Excuse me," I started. "But I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Having a Fatui here is bad for business."

"Well then I should be on my way," I could tell his smile was even more fake than before. "Perhaps fate shall have us meet again." With that he was out of my shop, but I know that was alluding to the fact that he'll stalk me and talk to me when I'm not in the safety of my shop. Great. What could he possibly want from me? I don't have the information he could possibly want.