Chapter 46

Photo: Anastasia and Tatiana Nikolaevna 1916

February 1917

Time goes so fast its already February, the situation here is very bad many people are protesting and Mama is really worried, she is having migraines and her heart is Number 3. Papa has left going to somewhere i dont know or we don't know, probably in the front.

"Sonyechka, have you seen Tanushka?" Olga asks, "No why?" I look at her, "Well can you deliver this letter to her?" She says ignoring my question and handing me Tatiana's letter from Dmitri, "Olga- he isn't allowed to get in any contact with us" I say to her, "I know what should we do? We can get in trouble!" She says, "Okay, i'll give this to her and if we get in trouble what will we do" i asked, "Thats the problem. I- i dont know too" she stutters, "See its better to just not give her this letter to avoid any troubles" I say, throwing the letter in the trash.

I went back to Mama's Lilac room and find her knitting in bed, i sat beside her and smiled, "How are you Mama?" I asked, "Im still feeling horrible, has your father replied to your letters?" Mama asks. I shook my head no. "Oh i hope he's safe" Mama says as she closed her eyes, "How's your health my dear?" Mama asks, "I-im doing fine" i stutter "Are you still taking your vitamins?" She asks, "Yes every day" I answer, "Very well" she smiles, "You can tie your hair to the back like what you always did when you were 10" She advised, "I miss your hairbangs. They were very cute on you" She says, "Want me to bring back my hairbangs?" I say, "Sure my dearest" she smiles, "Thanks i'll cut my hair later" i say, "Not too short" she warned, "Yes Mama" i chuckled.

I went back to our room and called for Charlotte to assist me in cutting my hair. "You called Sofia Nikolaevna?" Charlotte bowed, "Yes i nees you to help me cut my hair" i ordered, "You can't cut your hair without the Tsarina's consent" she stated, "I got her permission a while ago she said it was okay" I say. She nods her head and sat next to me cutting my hair, "Not too short please" I say "Of course" she smiles. "Okay all done do you like it?" She asks, "Yes thank you very much" i smile, "I remember you when you were 10 you would always complain about your itchy forehead because of your bangs" she chuckled, "I didnt like it at first but i got used to it" i laugh.

I fixed my hair like i once always did when i was younger. I went back to the infirmary to check up on my patients, "What took you so long?" Olga asks, "Nothing i fell asleep" i stuttered, "Okay. How's Mama? Did you visit her?" Olga asks, "Yes she is still feeling horrible" i said, "I hope she feels better soon" Olga says, "Olishka, Sonyechka!" Tatiana says, catching her breath, "Yeah?" Olga says sounding more like a question, "Nothing" Tatiana laughs, "Okay then" Olga laughs too, "Sofia Nikolaevna you have a visitor" Lili states. I excused myself to Olga and Tatiana and headed back to the common rooms.

Lili opens the door for me revealing Sergei and his almost 1 year old child. She has blonde hair and blue eyes and looked a lot like him, "Greetings Sofia Nikolaevna" Sergei bowed, "Hello to you Sergei its been a long time" i smile, "Yeah" Sergei chuckled "Hows wify?" I ask, "Wify is doing great" Sergei answers, "I would like to introduce you my daughter, Irina" he says, Irina runs up to me and smiled, "Aw hello baby Irina" i smile picking her up. She smiles and takes my vail off accidentally. "Irina! Don't ever do that again" Sergei scolds, "Sorry Sofia- wow i have never seen your hair lose for years! And your hairbangs is back! Its like im seeing 14 year old you again" Sergei compliments, "Thanks i just missed my hair being lose" i smile at him. "Sorry Sofia but i have to go Polina is waiting for me outside" Sergei states, "Okay see you around" I say as i hug him and waved goodbye.

"Who did you meet?" Olga asks, "Sergei and his baby daughter Irina" i say, "Aw i wish i could've met her" Tatiana frowned, "I know she is so cute when she smiles" I say, "Hello dear sisters!" Maria greets, "Hi Mashka" Olga smiles, "What are you guys talking about?" Maria asks, "About a fellow soldiers daughter" Tatiana replied, "Whats the soldiers name?" Maria asks as she sat in the armchair, "Sergei..." Olga looks at me, "Viliogranov, Sergei Viliogranov" i continued, "Do you guys know him?" Maria asks, "No but Sofi does" Tatiana says, "Oohh when did you and Sergei met?" Maria asks she smirked at me, "In 1910 in the Standart" I answer, "If he works in the Standart then why do i always see him with you or around the Gardens?" Tatiana looks at me, "Oh he became an officer in service of the Imperial Family" i answer, "Also known as us" Olga chuckles, "Oh well i didn't know that, since when?" Tatiana asks, "1914" i answer, "Oh now i remember i met him on my 16th birthday ball!" Olga says as she snaps her fingers, "He also danced you on your debut ball right?" Tatiana asks, "Yes! I even stomped your foot" I laugh. Tatiana rolls her eyes. "That hurted you know especially you were wearing heels!" Tatiana says, "I forgot to ask whats the child's name?" Maria asks, "Irina" i answer, "She has the same name as our cousin Irina!" Maria states, "I wonder how she's doing right now" Olga says, "I hope she's fine" I pitied.

I sit in the garden with Mama in her wheelchair so she can get some sunlight. I grabbed my knitting tools and started knitting with Mama, "Wanna play tennis?" Anastasia invites. I look at Mama and asks if i can play with them. "Of course go, but tie your hair away from your hair first" Mama says, i putted my hair in a ponytail and braided it and putted my little hat on and ran to the tennis court. "Ready Sonyechka?" Anastasia looks at me, "Of course!" I answer, "Its been a while since we played tennis" Maria says as she ran and hitted the tennis ball, "Yes i think i forgot how to play!" Anastasia yells, "Victory for us then!" Tatiana shouts, "Yes but remember this is just a game!" Olga yells.

Tennis match has finished me and the little pair ended up winning. I went back to Mama and chugged a glass of water. "Did you like the match Mama?" Olga asks, "Of course my dears" Mama smiles, "When is Papa coming home? If he was here we would've won!" Tatiana chuckles, "Lets just pray he gets back here safe and sound" Mama says as Anastasia hands the officer her camera and takes a picture of us together.