Chapter 18

Photo: Tatiana Nikolaevna Romanova 1910

I left Alexei's sick room. I went out to find Olga but instead i find Anastasia in the balcony i went over to ask what she was doing "Hey Anastasie! What are you doing here all alone?" I asked. She turned to look at me "Hello Sofi! I was waiting for you! Lets go and give Mama our painting!" She exclaimed i nodded my head and she grabbed my hand and we ran to her room.

We bursted to her room without knowing that Maria was inside "Sofia! Nastya! You scared me!" She exclaimed "Sorry Mashka we thought you weren't here" Anastasia apologized "Its okay!" Maria chuckled. "Anyways we are just going to give Mama this painting!" I exclaimed walking over to the painting. "Wow its very beautiful! Also can you hand Mama this flower for me?" Maria favoured. I nodded my head and grabbed her flower and left the room with Anastasia behind me.

We headed to find Anna Vyrubova but she was nowhere in sight. "Tatya have you seen Anya? We cant find her anywhere" I asked Tatiana who came across us "I dont know why?" She asked "We are just going to give her this painting" Anastasia holded up the painting. "I see... Can you also give Mama this letter as well?" Tatiana handed me over the letter. I nodded my head and had no choice but give the painting our selves.

We knocked in the door. We heard a faint come in as we entered "Sofia! Anastasie! What did i tell you about just writing letters?" Mama scolded us "Mama please dont be mad we have a gift for you!" I smiled and handed over the painting "Wow its wonderful! Thank you so much my daughters" She hugged us "No problem Mama! Tatiana and Maria has something for you too!" I said handing over the letter and the rose. Mama smiled and patted our heads. We sat next to her i started to talk about the puppy Sergei gave me "Mama Alexei had an accident and now hes resting" Anastasia bursted. I shot a glare at her "WHAT?" Mama shouted "Mama! Im sorry please forgive me! Its my fault i was supposed to look after him but instead i leaded him to danger! Please forgive me im deeply sorry!" I cried out "What on God's earth are you apologizing about Sofia? Its an accident its nobody's fault! Theres no need to apologize about it dear" She comforted i wiped away my tears and hugged her. Anastasia joined as well.

We left the room. Anastasia went out to play with Maria i headed in the library to find Olga sitting reading a book i grabbed a book and sat next to her. "Did you went out to pick some flowers earlier?" I asked opening the book "No i was reading this wonderful book!" Olga exclaimed "Really what is it about?" I smiled "Its about this Princess who escaped the Palace and went undercover as a spy!" She exclaimed showing me the book "Wow thats amazing!" I smiled. "Where's Sony?" She asked "He's sleeping in our room" I answered. Olga nodded her head and continued to read her book. "Excuse me your highnesses The Czar wants to see Sofia Nikolaevna in his office now" Charlotte informed us. I stood up and closed my book "I'll come" Olga stood up. I nodded my head and we headed to Papa's office. I was fiddling with my bracelet. Olga putted her hand on me to stop "Its okay" She smiled looking at me i smiled back as well.