Chapter 43

Photo: Romanov Family 1916

April 1916

I took a break from nursing because my blood pressure is going down again and i feel dizzy every single time which is very bad. I have been put in bed rest by Dr. Botkin untill i get better.

I slowly sat up and poured myself some tea and read myself a book. I heard a knock on the door, i Maria and Olga entered and sat next to me. "How are you dear Sonyechka?" Maria asks, "Still feeling lightheaded" i say, "W-why dont you take arsenic injections?" Olga stutters, "I tried once but it didn't work" i answer, "You dont need a donor anymore?" Maria asks as she poured herself some tea, "Not anymore" i smiled, "Get better soon so you can come with us later" Olga smiles as she left with Maria following her behind.

I layed back down and stared at the ceiling again until Mama walked in with Dr. Botkin and Anna Vyrubova.

Mama sat next to me and says, "We are going to visit your father later today and Dr. Botkin said that your alright now but you still need to continue taking your medications" Mama states, i smiled and hugged her. "Now go get ready we will leave in 30 minutes i prepared your outfit on your bed" Mama states as she walked out of the room.

I got out pf bed as Charlotte helped me and walked to our room.

I changed to the outfit Mama has prepared and went to the common rooms and waited for Mama.

"How are you?" Anastasia asks "All fine" i answer, "Will you help me pick mushrooms later?" She asks "Yes of course" i answer, "Yey! I'll meet you in the courtyard" she smiles, "Where tho?" I ask, "In the skerries later" she answers and smiled.

We took the carriage to the front i sat between Olga and Tatiana, Mama is on a different carriage with Alexei so its just the 5 of us together. "Better hold your hat Sofia it might fly away again!" Anastasia chuckled, "Yes i will ms!" I teased, "We are going mushroom picking at the skerries for a while right?" Olga asks "Yes i cant wait!" Maria exclaimed.

We have arrived in the front and there was a camera filming us, of course like i always did i smiled and did a little wave at it.

There's going to be a meeting later and we are going to listen so we headed to the little house and sat in the very back. "This is the last year of the Russian Empire" i hear a voice behind me, i turned but there was no one. What do they mean about the last year of the Russian Empire? This is getting really weird.

Papa's meeting has finished it was very interesting but boring too. We rode the Standart to the skerries to go mushroom picking.

We arrived at the skerries i grabbed my basket and followed Anastasia somewhere to the field. "Look at this beautiful mushroom!" She says as she pointed at a mushroom "I know but be careful it might be poisonous" i warned as i continue to pick mushrooms, "How many mushrooms have yiu two picked?" Maria asks, "Five" i answer as i recounted the mushrooms on my basket, "Okay, how about you Shvibzik?" Maria asks, since Anastasia's pet dog Shvibzik died because of a brain inflammation she started calling herself Shvibzik wich we considered as her main nickname, "A lot!" She yelled. "Silly little Nastenka" Olga laughs, "But she's turning 16 next year!" Tatiana says, "Yes, but she's still our little mischievous sister" i say as we watched her pick mushrooms, "She's still small" Maria laughs, "I heard that!" Anastasia yells, we all laugh at the same time.

Mushroom picking has finished we went in the tent and ate with Mama and Alexei, "How many mushrooms have ya'll picked?" Papa asks, "A lot!" Alexei says, "We have to wash them before we get back home because some of them might be poisonous and bad" Mama states, "Sofia did you know George is married to Princess George of Battenberg now Nadejda Mountbatten? You should congratulate your friend" Papa states, i felt a lump in my throat and all i want is to burst in tears now, "Are you okay Sofia?" Mama asks, "Maybe she's just tired, lets go take a rest Sofia" Olga says leading me inside the Yacht.

There i bursted crying like no one was there, "Oh its gonna be okay my dear Sofia there are many fishes in the sea" Olga tried to comfort, "My dear Sonyechka im sorry for this i know you loved him very dearly but you just gotta accept it just like what you said back in Gatchina you love someone then you find out they're married or engaged" Olga says rubbing my back, "I guess words come true" i sobbed, "That doesn't mean that George is married you cant stop being friends with him right?" She says as i nodd my head, "See just congratulate him and still be friends with him" She says as she wiped my tears away with her handkerchief, "Thank you Olishka for being there for me" i say as i hug her, "Of course my dearest sister im always here for you" she says, "Shall we go back to the tent?" She asks, "I just have too write a letter to George i'll be there" i say, "Okay" she says as she left.

I grabbed a paper and started to write a congratulation letter with a knitted rose that i made a while ago. Olga is write we can still be friends after all. Nadejda is also the same age as me and we're related as well so i guess that doesn't like... whatever, sorry for the sassiness im on my cycle and im always grumpy whener im on my cycle.

George and i have been friends for about 2 years so i guess that doesn't change anything between us. Gotta go now my family is waiting for me see ya! Love: Sofia Romanova 💗

A/N
Nadejda Mikhailovna Mountbatten, Marchioness of Milford Haven, formerly Princess George of Battenberg, was a member of the Russian Imperial Family who married a German prince but became a British subject and aristocrat. She was a close relation of the British Royal Family.