The return to Miami

Start from the beginning

"You guys are so messy I swear," I commented as I neared Percy.

"You guys are so cute I swear,"Piper commented from beside him, "I was hoping you'd already be dating by now . But nope! More third wheeling for me,"

With that being said, the idiot walked off to Jason before I could throw sand in her face.

For the next few hours, the gang surfed and had water fights. Except Jason and I who sat on the beach and worked on our homework for an hour before joining them.

What? The deadline was the day we were going back!!!

And I wanted to avoid Percy for a second. Looking at him was enough to make me stop in my tracks. If anyone noticed......

So much for that plan.

The second I was done with my work,as If having some telepathic connection to me, Percy yanked the laptop out of my hands.
And before I could protest, shoved it in my computer bag and hung it from the nearest tree so it wouldn't get wet.

Then, the idiot proceeded to scoop me up bridal style, "Percy!" I yelled, as I felt myself levitate off the ground in his grip, "Put me down!"

"Live a little, wise girl," he said, giving me his signature trouble maker smile.

Gods I hope he couldn't hear my heartbeating at the speed of light. He smelled of the ocean. There was sand in his hair I was just dying to reach out and brush it off.

"Come on bro, Piper is waiting for you," he remarked at Jason before we made our grand escape.

"Do you remember the first time we came to the beach?" he asked. I noticed we were a a slight distance away from the group. Not that I cared, I was happy to have him to myself for a while.

"Of course I do!" I grinned, "That's the day we came up with our nicknames."

"And the day I tasted sand."

"What's that got to do with anything?"

"Well you shoved my face into the sand after I got your book wet," he reminded me.

I blushed, burrying my head into his chest. "Gods really?"

"Yeah," he chuckled. "But that's the day I knew you were my bestfriend. And that I was slightly terrified of you."

"Percy....was that this beach?" I asked. I remembered coming to Miami with Sally and Percy when I was a kid. I begged my parents for permission for days.

His eyes sparkled with amusement, "I was wondering when you would notice. The hotel wasn't here though."

We looked at each other. And for a second, in the silence that was filled with nothing but the crashing of the waves and the light sound of the fauna around us, it was like we were the only two people on the beach.

His sea green eyes shimmered under the sunlight and I had to control every cell in my body from the sudden urge to kiss him.

I inhaled deeply, trying to center myself.

At the end of the day, we were going to be better as friends. And my....harmless crush on him wasn't going to change anything.

Then why couldn't I convince myself of that?

"That was also the trip we thought we could be ballerinas," I said,linking my hands around his neck as I felt myself slip.He noticed too and pulled me closer.

"Oh yeah! I remember I said I could lift you up over my head," he laughed.

"You couldn't," I grinned, the memory playing in my mind. We both fell and Sally came running to make sure we weren't hurt.

"I'm sure I can now," he grinned, eyes sparkling with mischief. Oh no.

"Percy!" I squealed, as he lifted me up up up. I looked down at him, utterly terrified at the prospect of falling and breaking his bones.

I wiggled a little, (a lot) until Percy had to take a step forward to balance me steadily.
But I moved at the wrong moment and his arms folded as I came practically crashing down.

But not in the way I was expecting.

Because....in the blink of an eye....I was kissing Percy Jackson.

————————————————————————

SQUEALS IN A HUNDRED LANGUAGES!!! IT HAPPENED!!!

What do y'all think??

And it's RED SEASON EVERYONE!!!!

Stay tuned!!
—-S