23. Breaking News

3rd person's POV

They played a few rounds and decided to stop when it was time for lunch. Alya and Nino went back to their normal seats while Adrien, Marinette and Chloe stayed back at the lounge, waiting for their waiter. While waiting, they looked through the menu. "Ooh! I want Garlic Oyster and Soupe à l'oignon! And ooh! The white truffle and the chocolate soufflé. Ooooh! This looks nice. Chinese Mitten Crab," Chloe fantasied. Marinette snorted, looking at Chloe. "What not everyday you get to eat with a rich girl, right?" Chloe retorted and winked at the end. Adrien heard them and hence looked at them with a questioning face. Marinette hand signed to Chloe to zip her mouth and used her eyes to direct them to Chloe. "Hehe, sorry," Chloe whispered.

The waiter came in with a white shirt and a black tie inside while a waistcoat covered them and wore trousers. He stood up tall and had a iPad in his hand. A gloomy expression covered his freckled- face. He bowed as he asked, "What may I get for you all?" Chloe immediately started ordering all those food.

Adrien just ordered some croissants and salad. I mean who would have guessed it. Marinette just decided to get some Chinese chilly crab. Adrien sighed. Marinette who heard it was slightly worried about her kitty.

"What happened, Adrien," Marinette asked her Chaton. She furrowed her eyebrows in concern. Chloe who heard Marinette faced her childhood friend and nodded him to continue. "Oh! It's umm nothing. I guess I am just scared for my father," Adrien said, feeling a grave worry in his chest. "What? why are you scared for your father. Aren't you supposed to be scared of him?" Chloe asked, confused.

"I don't know if he is ok at home and if he lonely. I don't know. And this is the first time going overseas without him. You know?" Adrien stuttered a bit, clearly alerting Marinette that that was a lie.

"Oh! Adrien, don't worry. He will be fine. Don't worry. Ok, adrien?" Marinette comforted him, knowing that she can't talk to Adrien properly infront of Chloe. Chloe eyed Marinette suspiciously because Chloe knows that this wasn't Marinette's character. If she knew Marinette, Chloe knows that isn't how Marinette would comfort someone, especially Adrien.

Just then, the waiter came in again without Chloe being able to ask questions. What was better was that Chloe forgot everything and immediately started munching on her food. I mean who wouldn't like a soufflé, right?

Marinette was eyeing Adrien while eating as Adrien played with his food half the time. It is like he knew something was going to happen. Marinette on the other hand was worried for her kitty.

The waiter who was standing beside them, staying in the usual waiter state, walked towards the television and took the remote. "Would you like me to turn on the television," he asked with a unnoticeable smile on his face. "Ooh yes, please!" Chloe jumped off the couch and took, more like snatched the remote our of his hand.

Chloe switched on the television and scrolled through the different channels trying to find something to watch. Nothing caught Chloe's eyes. But something caught Adrien's eyes. "Ugh! There is nothing here to watch!" Chloe pouted like a five year old child without candy. "Chloe. Go to the previous channel, please." Adrien told having a serious look on his. Something you would only see rarely. She clicked the previous channel. England news channel showing the royal palace. "What adrien? I know you are studious but I didn't know you listen to news," Chloe said as she scrolled back to the slide after that.

"Chloe! Give me the remote, now." Adrien told as he got up the seat and walked towards Chloe, snatching the the remote. Shock plastered all over their face and tears formed on Chloe's eyes. Though she may not be the best person to hang out with, Chloe is really sensitive. Marinette on the other hand was couldn't believe how her love was behaving. She have never seen him like this as cat noir or as adrien himself. "What happened to you, kitty," Marinette muttered under her breathe.

Adrien who realised his action, widen his eyes. "Oh my god! I am so so sorry, Chloe. I don't know what came over me! I am sorry. Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Please forgive me but I need to see it. It showed the royal palace." Adrien said hugging Chloe. Chloe wiped away her tears. "It is fine, Adrien. We can all agree that I was way meaner than you," Chloe chuckled a bit. Marinette laughed a bit.

Adrien smiled and went back to the seat with the remote. Marinette smiled at them. She was happy. Happy was a vague word. She was grateful for the world to have great friends and soon-to-be-husband.

Adrien changed back the channel. Well, what Adrien was going to see next was something he would never expect.

Breaking news...