Chp. 26: prisoner of guilt

( Hey Uhm hi how y'all doing😀😀😀😀

FIRST OF ALL IM SO SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU GUYS HANGING FOR MONTHS😭😭 my mental health has only gotten worse but I was in the mood to write again so I'm glad I can continue this story. The truth is I completely lost interest in Haikyuu and quite frankly I feel so guilty about it. I do still enjoy writing. All of a sudden I got an idea for this book, so I took it up again. FINALLY WERE HERE, AGAIN IM SO SORRY FOR LEAVING FOR SO LONG. Thank you for everyone who is still reading and supporting you have my heart <3 I hope you guys enjoy! This chapter is a teaser for chapter 27 so be prepared! Also I saw some people being mean about the fact I was gone for so long uhm I'm sorry but my mental health was and is still Shit I would rather take my time writing something good for you guys than forcing myself to write something shitty. No need to be negative and degrading. I once again apologize for not updating for so long but I'm back no worries!)

⚠️tw: slight angst
——————————————-
2 weeks later
Atsumu's POV:

I huffed out a cloud of smoke as I laughed in euphoria. It had been 2 weeks since I shut down Sakusa. That night, Oikawa had rushed over to my house, waking me up on the kitchen floor and shedding years. Iwaizumi trailed behind him, confused as to what was going on.

Suna laughed as Sugawara told them an embarrassing thing Daichi did last week.

"PFFT! THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE!"
Suna carefully lifted his beer bottle off of the floor, bringing it to his lips and slowly drinking from it. Everything had been going smoothly between him and Osamu. Suna had been hanging out with us a lot and Osamu even seemed happy about that. They still saw each other a lot though. And guess who was the victim of their horrible house pda. Yep, me.

Sugawara stood up and held his own bottle up high, chanting incoherent words.
We were at our spot on the railroads, watching the sunset and drinking our worries away.

That was a few hours ago btw. Right now, we were all drunk out of our minds, dancing and singing to every beat or harmony we came across.

"OH OH LISTEN TO THIS!"
Oikawa stood up and enhanced the speaker's sound. 'Emo boy' by Ayesha Erotica began playing, and we all rolled our eyes.

"Again?!"
Akaashi slurred, he had been thriving lately, him and Bokuto would always be caught in the janitor's closet kissing or making out. Luckily they at least had the morals to not go any further in school.

Kenma stood up, swaying his hips slightly to the beat. Ever since he and Kuroo had been in a relationship, he became more confident and naughty.
Kenma's alcohol tolerance was amazing, however tonight that was clearly not the case.

He lazily skipped through some songs and ended on our current favorite, "Red lights" by Hyunjin and Bang Chan from Stray Kids.
We all pumped our fists in the air and started singing our hearts out.

Graduation was only a week and a half away, making us live the rest of our high school days in euphoria. ( OKAY BUT EUPHORIA IS SUCH A GOOD SERIES)

Me and Sakusa avoided each other at all costs, even if we made accidental eye contact, we would pretend it never happened.
It was the best way for us to move on. That's what I thought. Everywhere I went he would make his way into my mind. That look in his glossy eyes when I told him I couldn't be with him anymore, his clenching fists and omg his genuine smile that made my heart bleed of guilt.

His hurt expression would cross my mind 24/7. I was slowly going insane, hence why I proposed this drinking event.
The guilt held me hostage as my throat clenched everytime I even had the audacity to look at him. Or even think of him. He would never leave my mind, even now when I'm Shit faced drunk and high.