Three Dark Crowns

guys this series is INSANELY good PLEASE read it

Author: Kendare Blake

Genre: Fantasy, young adult

Books:

Three Dark Crowns series:

Three Dark Crowns

One Dark Throne

Two Dark Regions

Five Dark Fates

Extra:

Queens of Fennbirn (consists of two short stories: The Young Queens and The Oracle Queen)

Description:

Cant write one better than the original so here

In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born—three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katherine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn't solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it's not just a game of win or lose... it's life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.

The last queen standing gets the crown.

Preview:

All rights go to Kendare Blake

A young queen stands barefoot on a wooden block with her arms outstretched. She has only her scant underclothes and the long, black hair that hangs down her back to fend off the drafts. Every ounce of strength in her slight frame is needed to keep her chin high and her shoulders square.

Two tall women circle the wooden block. Their fingertips drum against crossed arms, their footsteps echo across the cold hardwood floor.

'She is thin to the ribs,' Genevieve says, and smacks them lightly, as if it might scare the bones farther under the skin. 'And still so small. Small queens do not inspire much confidence. The others on the council cannot stop whispering about it.'

She studies the queen with distaste, her eyes dragging across every imperfection: her hollow cheeks, her pallid skin. The scabs from a rubbing of poison oak that still mar her right hand. But no scars. They are always careful about that.

Warnings:

//tw

murder/attempted murder

death

blood

child abuse

poisoning

self harm (for magical purposes)

violence

body modifications/body horror

major character death

exile/banishment

torture

//cw

sexual scenes (not graphic at all)

hallucinations (of sorts)

scars.... lots of them

childbirth

I feel like I missed something out here... im 95% sure... if you read it PLEASE dont hesitate to tell me what I am missing...