❄️Chapter 2❄️

CAROL

After dropping off some of the groceries at home, I made my way to work, still thinking about what happened this morning.

1.) I managed to set up a meeting with an up-and-coming actor, and he asked for a date this Friday.

2.) The cute guy I bumped into at the grocery store is suddenly and randomly my boyfriend, fake, but wow, I have someone to take home next week.

A few things happened after me and Nick (that's his name, and of course, it's short for Nicholas Claus). He's still trying to sell me the whole 'he's from the North Pole, and he's Santa Claus's Son' thing, but I won't fall for it, I guess his looks really came with a price.

I recalled what happened after:

...

I let go of his hand after holding it for a while after we shook hands. "Just so you know I still don't—and don't think I'll ever believe the whole Christmas checklist you've got going on as your life, but it seems we'll both benefit from this fake relationship." I said, looking at him with narrowed eyes, and then we continued walking, then I proceeded to introduce myself. "My name is Carol by the way."

He rubbed the side of his head sheepishly, "My bad. I was on my way to introduce myself earlier, but you know." He said with a light laugh, which made my stomach flip— what was going on with me?

"Christmas checklist, huh?" He snickered.

"My name's Nicolaus Claus, but you can call me Nick." He said with an expectant look, and I just knew that he knew exactly what I thought about his name. "Seriously? Even your name and surname?"

"That cannot be your real name. You think I'm going to believe any of this?" This was stupid. I asked a stranger to come to a very personal event of mine, and it turns out he's crazy and bent on believing that he's going to be the next Santa Claus. Why am I still talking to him? Why did I even ask him that in the first place?

I covered one hand with my face in regret.

"No, No." He repeated. Nick took the hand that I used to cover my face with his own and looked at me straight in the eyes, then pleaded. "That's not it, I promise. I know all of this sounds crazy; just hear me out, okay?"

My heart fluttered for a millisecond, and I briefly looked to the side, away from his gaze, to give myself a moment. I know why now, why I impulsively asked this stranger out and made a nonsensical agreement with him. It was those eyes, his snow-white hair, skin, and kissable-looking lips. He, just him, like something was drawing me to him, like if I said no to him, I somehow felt like I would regret it.

I don't think what I was currently feeling towards him was romantic attraction, maybe a bit, but it felt more magical, enchanting, even like a new adventure.

"I swear it's my real name." Nick spoke, pulling me away from my thoughts. "I know that everything I've told you so far sounds crazy, but I'll show you proof soon enough; you'll just have to trust me for now." He said, sounding sincere, I sighed.

"Full disclaimer, I don't trust you. We just met, and this whole fake relationship is exactly what it is— fake. We'll go over the details later, but I will not be doing anything I'm not comfortable with. For all I know, you're just a psychopath who wants to act like Santa during the Christmas season, and you want to kidnap me to be your elf or fulfill your North Pole fantasies." I said with a shiver and gave myself an inner high-five for finally saying something logical.

"I understand completely," He said nodding, and then turned to smile at me. "I'm really glad I bumped into you, you'd be perfect for me."

I almost bumped into someone in front of me, not even realizing we were at the till. "I'm questioning how smart this whole fake relationship is right now." I said truthfully again, another Christmas heartbreak is something I don't need.