There was confetti flying everywhere, the kitchen was nicely decorated with balloons and banners and there were gifts on the table.

Of course they didn't forget.

I grinned and they all gathered around me, crushing me into a hug.

"You guys are the best."

"We love you. Happy seventeenth birthday, Harper!" Nicole said, squeezing me tightly.

"My baby's growing up." my mom said, shaking her head. I laughed and kissed her cheek.

"I'm seventeen."

"And no divers license." Nick pointed out, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm doing the test next week."

"Finally. Took you long enough."

"It's my birthday! Be nice!"

"Yeah leave her alone, Harper come sit here." his sister said.

I laughed at his expression and sat down on the chair by the dining table where the gifts were.

"Open them!"

"No wait, let's take a picture first." said my mom. The gathered around me and we took a lot of photos. I opened my presents. I received books, clothes and jewelry from them as well as money from my mom as a bonus.

I couldn't be more grateful for everything. They made my day so special.

Something was missing though, something made it incomplete.

He wasn't here.

I knew it was bad to rely on somebody for my own happiness but I couldn't help it.

He wasn't my only source of happiness and comfort, that would be terrible if he was. I just missed him and when I was away from him, I found myself feeling down.

He's busy, I had to keep telling myself that.

I hated how I took everything so personally and how sensitive I was, how I overthought everything.

Like right now.

It was so frustrating.

I pushed my thoughts away and contained my emotions.

"Thank you guys, for everything."

"There's more." my mother said, winking at me. They were all acting so weird.

What is going on?

"What-"

"Come on." they gestured for me to follow them to the door and started getting ready to leave.

"What's happening?" I slipped on my jacket and shoes.

I was beyond confused.

"You'll see." The dragged me out of the house. We all got in my mom's car and she drove off.

"Where are we going?"

"No questions Harper." I groaned, they sounded like him.

I bit my lip to hide my smile. As confused as I was, excitement buzzed through me.

The rest of the car ride went by, we arrived to our destination.

Wait no way.

No fucking way.

It was the spot. The meadow with the huge tree I brought him to once before.

The one where he knew where to go even though I hadn't told him.