"I didn't know until one day when I saw him murdering a man in one of the hotel's rooms, but instead of scaring me, it turned me on and made me want to watch. I was not afraid of him because I knew he cared too much about me to hurt me. When I married him, I was very innocent and naive, but the loss of Valentino, the virus, and even this hotel changed me drastically. It is terrifying to lose the person you love the most in the world and have to spend the rest of your life with someone you don't."

"Goodness.." I stroked her back, imagining how much she had gone through. I loved her so much, and just thinking about all the things she told me made me sad.

"I discovered I was pregnant in 1926. At the time, I thought this was the worst thing that could happen to me, but everything changed the moment I held the baby in my arms for the first time. I did not want the baby and did not tell James about it, even though my belly was huge. I went to a doctor at a weird house and asked for an abortion which ended up unsuccessfully. This is how I gave birth to my son Bartholomew. Because he is a vampire he is still alive. He is one of the best things that has ever happened to me, and I love him."

"Can I see him? I love children." I smiled and she raised her head to look at me.

"I'll take you to room 33 tomorrow to see him." she smiled.

"So that's what is in there.."

"..In 1970, I met an accountant who should have helped me make more money, but he was imprisoned for fraud, and I lost everything. Over time, I rescued several children from abusive or neglectful families and brought them here, where I used them as a healthy blood source to sustain myself. I adored him as well, but they all died. Liz and I met a few years later. She checked into the hotel disguised as a man who was afraid to be himself, a woman. I assisted her in her transformation and gave her the confidence boost she required, and she made the decision to never leave the hotel and work here forever. Regardless of how much she despises me right now, she will always be one of my closest friends and fondest creations."

I pressed a kiss on her head assuring her it's okay to continue.

"Years later I've met Donovan and saved him from dying of drug overdose. He was my partner for many years and I hired his mom, Iris as the manager of this hotel. Will Drake bought the hotel last year and after a few months, we got married. I killed him on the night of our wedding and stole all his money from him. Will had planned to renovate the hotel before he died, which is how a secret hallway that had been closed for years was discovered. That hallway sparked my curiosity, especially since I assumed I was aware of everything that was going on here, but I soon found out from my dear husband James that he had trapped Valentino and Natacha within those walls so I would not leave him for them."

Tears streamed from her eyes, and I tried to comfort her by hugging her tighter, but I did not want to interrupt her.

"I went into that secret hallway after finding out and found a few fan cards with his photos. I hired a private investigator, who tracked him down at a motel. After so many years of pain and misery, I was finally able to feel happy. I killed Natacha because I wanted Valentino all to myself, but Donovan discovered him and was very jealous because he loved me, so he killed him. When I found out what he had done, it felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest. We met again after so many years, and he destroyed everything."

I was still very shocked and couldn't believe how much the woman I loved suffered. I just wanted to make her feel safe and loved by my side.