✨2

Elizabeth's pov

I was lying in my bed trying to relax after four rounds of rough sex with Donovan. When we finished he left to his room because I never let anybody sleep with me. When we're asleep we're all so vulnerable and I will not permit anyone to see me like that. I know I can't trust anybody. I've lived for decades now and I've seen how people are.

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to have somebody who cares about you and who genuinely adores you. I can make people fall in love with me very easily, but I never love them back. I stopped believing in true love ages ago, but sometimes I still wish I had someone to come home to, someone I would have a sense of security with, someone who would make me truly happy. Anyway, it's been years now and I've gotten used to the idea of being alone for the rest of my life.

The last time I fell in love with someone, they died. They all died. I began to believe that my life was a curse. I am a curse. The only people I love in this world are my children.

My thoughts were drawn to the girl I saw today as I entered the hotel. She was stunning, like a doll. I'm curious how long she'll be here and if I'll ever see her again. I could tell she was nervous when she saw me. I know she won't be able to resist me. No one can resist me. Everyone becomes so obsessed with me, thing that gives me a lot of confidence.

. . . . . . . .

Estelle's pov

It's been two days since I was here, and I haven't seen that woman since that night at the bar. She was so beautiful, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I'm really curious who she is, but Liz refuses to tell me anything about her.

In the meantime, I began looking for a job but I couldn't find anything that had a decent salary. I'm not asking for a high-paying job because I lack the necessary skills for that. I just want a job   that pays enough to cover my apartment rent, the bills and food. I know that in order to be successful, you must work extremely hard, and that is exactly what I intended to do.

Who thought living in Los Angeles by yourself would be so difficult? I don't know anyone here. I have no friends, no connections and no one with whom to hang out with.

I went out by myself today to explore the city. I've wanted to come here since I was a little girl. I returned to the hotel after spending the entire day walking around. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing because I was texting someone, so I got into the elevator and pressed the wrong button.

Instead of taking me to the floor where my room was, it took me to the last floor. I didn't take my eyes off my phone, so I just exited the elevator and bumped into someone after only a few seconds.

When I took my gaze away from my phone to see who I had run into, my mouth dropped open. It was the same woman I had seen enter the hotel a few days before. She was breathtakingly beautiful. I was speechless as her mesmerizing green eyes locked on mine. I couldn't believe someone as beautiful as her existed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you."

I'm not sure why, but I was nervous and my heart was racing faster than usual. Her presence made me feel this way.

Before she spoke, I heard her chuckle.

"What exactly are you doing here? "You're not supposed to be on this floor," she said, sending chills down my spine.

"I-..I was going to my room," I said, as she lifted my chin with her fingers and looking me in the eyes with a smirk.

"This is my floor. There is no other room here besides mine. You've most likely pressed the incorrect button."

"Oh yeah..I-..I was on my phone and I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing."

"I understand, well now that you're here what would you say if you drank something with me?"

"S-..Sure"

She spoke with so much confidence and power in her voice. I couldn't believe what was happening.

"I was planning on going to the bar, but now that you're here, my plans have changed. Princess, come after me."

I followed her as we entered a small silver corridor, then she pushed open two large grey doors, bringing us to what I believe was her room. When I looked around, I noticed that everything was very different from the other rooms in this hotel. It looked so modern and luxurious. It was decorated with neon signs, art, and what appeared to be expensive furniture.

She was wearing a blush draped silk satin midi dress that looked so appealing on her.

"Take a seat on the couch while I pour us something to drink. What do you prefer? Wine or Whiskey?"

"Whiskey."

"Good choice," she said seductively as she walked over to the tray. After pouring the liquid into two glasses, she handed one to me and sat down, studying my face before speaking again.

"What brings you to the Cortez?"

I took a sip of whiskey before telling her the same thing I told Liz two days ago. The alcohol made me a little bit more brave which was good because my voice wasn't trembling anymore.

"Who are you?"I inquired, intrigued.

"I'm the countess, the owner of this hotel." she smirked.

I'm not sure where I found this much bravery but I immediately burst out laughing.

"You're amusing. Everyone here is so hilarious. Who you said you are? The countess? Are you royal or what?"

Her smirk slowly faded away, and she looked at me with a puzzled expression.

I was embarrassed and scared when I realized I crossed the line.

"I apologize, I should've reacted differently."
. . . . . . . .

Hiii. I'm in summer vacation so I have a lot of time to write new chapters for you guys.Tell me what you think about this chapter in the comments.🎀