25. My Ways

Everything had turned chaotic, and I struggled to find a way to communicate with Swez. She had withdrawn from everyone, spending her time crying inconsolably.

After three hours in the woods, she returned, her face etched with sadness and pain. Charles was furious with himself, and Anord was seething with anger.

Swez had evidently been deeply scarred by witnessing Anord's transformation during her formative years, a trauma she couldn't escape. Charles revealed that Swez might have the ability to shift into a werewolf, although the odds were against it.

Charles made a declaration that he wouldn't leave her side under any circumstances. He had spoken to his parents, who agreed to let him live with his mate. His overprotective nature towards Swez finally made sense, and seeing his love and devotion for her warmed my heart.

After much contemplation, Anord granted Charles permission to stay within his pack, with the condition that he would serve as a warrior. However, he needed training first. Swez's decision regarding her own path was still uncertain.

Finally, after several futile attempts, I managed to talk to Swez, but she avoided discussing Charles. Witnessing her pain was distressing, but I respected her choice to keep her feelings to herself.

Most importantly, Swez informed me that she was willing to give her brother a chance. When I shared this news with Anord, he chuckled at the thought of his sister accepting him.

The day passed by, and dinnertime arrived. Swez had her meal in her room, and Anord went to have a conversation with her.

"I apologize, Ukrine, for my previous behavior. I lost control," Dan admitted, looking guilty.

"It's alright, Dan. I understand," I reassured him with a faint smile before heading towards my room.

As I turned the doorknob, I sensed someone behind me. I spun around to find Anord standing there.

"I need to talk with you. Come to my study," he said, waiting for me to join him.

Ensuring that I was following him, he began leading the way.

"Thank you, Ukrine, for helping my sister open up to me," Anord said with a genuine smile as we entered his study.

Seeing him smile was quite a sight, and his handsome features were accentuated by it.

"It's no big deal. Charles is grateful that you're letting him stay. I hope Swez sorts things out in her head and accepts him," I replied, hopeful for Swez's reconciliation.

"Ukrine, I'd like to take you somewhere tomorrow morning. Will you join me?" Anord asked with a hint of tension in his voice.

"A date?" I inquired, curious about his intentions.

"Perhaps," he shrugged, offering me a sly smile.

"Alright, I'll think about it," I answered, returning his smile.

"Are you and Swez on good terms now?" I asked, thinking of Swez's attitude towards him. However, Anord seemed puzzled by my question.

"You and Swez. I can hardly believe you're siblings," I continued, observing his reaction.

"Um... not exactly, but she's more comfortable around me now. She even apologized for considering me a monster," he explained, a pained expression crossing his face.

"I understand that it hurt you, but try to understand her perspective too. We're not accustomed to such aggressive behavior," I clarified, acknowledging my previous judgment of him.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you. I didn't mean to—" Before I could finish my sentence, he pressed a warm finger to my lips.

A surge of sensation shot through me, making my skin tingle. His single touch seemed to take my breath away and sent shivers down my spine. It felt as if he was absorbing all my oxygen, my heart racing in response.

We stood in the middle of his study, barely inches apart. I hadn't noticed him getting so close, and his proximity had an intoxicating effect on me.

My breath caught, and I met his deep blue eyes, which briefly shifted to black before returning to blue. His breath warmed my face as his finger left my lips and was replaced by his lips, gently seeking entrance.

Without hesitation, I let him in, and our tongues tangled in a passionate kiss. I pulled him closer, entwining my hands in his silky brown hair, losing myself in the pleasure of his touch.

A deep groan escaped him as I responded, the sensation overwhelming. He moaned into the kiss, intensifying the sensations coursing through me as his hands roamed my back.

Amidst our heated exchange, his phone rang. He paid no heed to the first call, but when it rang again, he reluctantly broke away. Our heavy breathing filled the air, and he touched his forehead to mine, leaving a gentle kiss on my forehead before retrieving his phone from his pocket.

"If not for this call, I wouldn't have stopped. We'll meet tomorrow morning. Good night and sweet dreams," he said, swiping his phone's screen.

As he looked up from his phone, my cheeks burned with embarrassment. I quickly rushed to my room, forgetting to ask him where we were going tomorrow. With a shake of my head, I changed into my pajamas and drifted off to sleep.

...

The following morning, I dressed a bit more carefully, knowing this wasn't an actual date. I wore a white tee and jeans before heading to the kitchen. Everyone was having breakfast, so I joined them and then followed Anord to his car.

He opened the passenger door for me, and with a "thank you," I settled into my seat. Buckling up, I noticed he handed me my phone.

"Where did you find it?" I asked, relieved to have it back.

"I have my ways," he replied, a mischievous smirk gracing his lips.

"You always do," I responded, a touch of irritation in my tone.

"Yeah, and you'll find that out firsthand soon," he retorted, flashing his devilish grin.

"You..." I stammered, my face reddening in embarrassment.

"Where are we headed?" I inquired after we had been driving for nearly three hours.

"You'll see. We have a long way to go," he said with a perfect smile.

"Do you need to use the restroom?" he asked as we stopped at a gas station.

"Yep, gotta go relieve myself," I answered, unfastening my seatbelt.

"I'll grab some food then," he said, parking the car.

While he went into the shop, I headed to the restroom. The location was remote, away from the city, and the area was practically deserted. I wondered why he had brought me to this place.

After using the restroom and washing my hands, I sensed a presence behind me. Just as I was about to shout, warm lips pressed against mine, sending waves of pleasure through me. I responded eagerly to the intense kiss.

It was even more passionate than the previous night, and we parted, both of us breathing heavily.

"What was that, Anord? You almost scared me," I said once my breathing had steadied.

"I didn't mean to, but you were taking so long that I thought I'd check on you. Anyway, it was quite delightful," he said, licking his lips.

"Anord! Shouldn't we continue on our way?" I playfully swatted his shoulder.

He nodded, and we resumed our journey. An hour later, he parked the car and we got out.

"Anord, where are we?" I asked, confused by the forest surroundings.

"You'll find out soon. We need to walk from here to see her. Let's go," he said, extending his hand toward me.

But who was this mysterious "her" he was referring to?