6.Tate, you are married?

Cresel's words have granted me newfound strength, prompting me to embrace a more fluid approach to life. The return of my memories remains uncertain, and I can't predict if I'll regain any fragments. Yet, dwelling on the unchangeable past serves no purpose; instead, I'm choosing to find contentment in my current circumstances.

Until the shroud over my past lifts, I'm determined to savor each moment as it comes. I've been given a chance to survive, and I won't squander this opportunity. My gratitude extends to both a higher power and the person who rescued me, affording me a second shot at life.

Though I can't recall whether I was once a believer in God, I now find myself expressing gratitude to Him consistently. No longer fixated on mourning my memory loss, I've shifted my focus to envisioning positive outcomes and the potential for new sources of happiness.

Within three days, my ability to walk had significantly improved, and my wounds had healed faster than expected. Medication remained a constant companion, and the doctor even added another dose to be taken before breakfast.

The pain in my head has subsided entirely, leaving me feeling relaxed and invigorated. Cresel's unwavering presence has provided essential support, making me feel secure and at ease.

Much of my time is spent lying in bed or sitting by the window, enjoying the fresh air. From this vantage point, I observe people moving about. While some appear indifferent to my presence, others bow their heads when our eyes meet.

I perceive it as somewhat unusual, yet I dismiss it, considering that it might be a customary way of welcoming strangers, or in this case, guests.

During my stay here, I'm relieved of the need to contemplate or complain, as my needs are anticipated and fulfilled before I even realize them.

Whenever I express my gratitude to Cresel, she promptly reminds me that taking care of me is part of their duty as hosts, given that I am a guest in their home.

Cresel is my constant companion throughout the day. We engage in indoor games, share childhood anecdotes, and she injects humor into our interactions, often causing me to burst into laughter, gripping my stomach.

The other men have also become aware of my health condition. They would eventually depart, citing work obligations. I've also made sure to convey my heartfelt thanks to them for saving my life.

I find myself content with the generous hospitality they've extended. Interestingly, Anord, the man with Greek origins, appears to hold a certain fascination for me, as I notice his lingering stares that extend beyond necessity.

Upon sharing a smile with him, he remains motionless, akin to a statue, before exiting the room after a few minutes, without uttering a word.

It seems he has some underlying issues.

Finally, on the seventh day, I resolve to initiate a new chapter in my life. Despite the potential discomfort, I am eager to give it a try.

My primary desire was to leave behind my enigmatic past and find happiness in the present moment. I was determined not to succumb to feeling like an incapable loser.

"Hey," Cres, short for Cresel, entered the room and motioned for me to follow her.

We traversed the lengthy corridor and descended the staircase. Nervous about encountering new individuals, I clung to the hem of my T-shirt tightly.

Upon reaching the lower floor, she led me to a dining area that resembled a canteen. The room buzzed with people engaged in meals and conversations.

As my presence was noticed, heads turned in my direction, rendering the room suddenly quiet. My discomfort prompted me to glance around, attempting to mask my unease.

Without hesitation, Cres took hold of my hand and guided me to a table beside the window, signaling for me to sit. Despite settling in, I remained acutely aware of the lingering stares. Anord then joined us, taking a seat next to me without uttering a word.

Strangely, his presence brought me a sense of comfort. Anord's gaze shifted to the others, and soon, the room returned to the business of eating.

Cres presented me with a plate piled high with pancakes drizzled in maple syrup. They were so delectable that I indulged in them with the enthusiasm of a ravenous child, savoring each bite.

Anord's chuckle accompanied my playful eating, though I continued to relish my meal, unfazed by his amusement.

In the midst of my calmer demeanor, a thought emerged about the numerous diners in the room.

Why is there such a large gathering?

Cres had informed me that the four of them shared a residence. Therefore, these individuals should be their neighbors, but the concept of neighbors sharing breakfast seemed puzzling.

Was it customary to visit other households early in the morning? Perhaps it's a cultural practice, or... I struggled to come up with an explanation, deciding to seek clarity from Cresel later.

"Um... Cres, the food was absolutely delightful. Thank you," I expressed with a radiant smile.

"You're welcome, but credit should go to Lucy," she indicated, nodding towards the kitchen where Lucy was likely stationed.

"Oh, in that case, I retract my thanks," I playfully retorted.

"That's not allowed, and by the way, I happen to be a better cook," Cresel responded with a self-assured grin.

"Is that so? If you're open to it, could you please explain why there are so many people here?" I inquired softly, considering Cresel's proximity.

"We're having a communal breakfast," Tate replied, leaving me curious about how he overheard my earlier conversation with Cres.

"How are you feeling? Has your wound healed properly?" Dan questioned, securing a bottle cap as he turned his attention towards me.

"I'm feeling better now, and the pain has completely vanished," I conveyed with evident joy, prompting a nod of agreement from Dan.

"Tate, that's my pancake!" Cres suddenly exclaimed, rising from her seat.

"Nope, it's mine, and... you can make another one," Tate retorted, continuing to eat.

"You're quite the lazy one, Tate. How can your mat... I mean, your wife, put up with you?" Cres's voice held a note of anger.

"Wife? Tate, you're married?" I hadn't considered his marital status.

"Yes, indeed. Best not to daydream about me," Tate quipped.

"Never in my wildest dreams. I have higher standards," I jested, viewing Tate as a brotherly figure with a friendly demeanor.

"Good, then I'm spared. And what about Dan?" Tate smirked playfully in my direction.

"Dan appears to be a fine individual, but he's not my type," I replied, smiling warmly at Dan.

"Oh! So, is Anord more to your liking? He is single, after all," Tate inquired, causing me to turn my gaze toward Anord, who met my look with an enigmatic expression.

"Enough of this idle chatter, let's get back to work," Anord interjected after a brief pause, rising from his seat and departing the scene.

Is Anord someone I'd be interested in?

No, I can't see myself developing an attraction to such an arrogant and rude man. But what if there's more to him than meets the eye? I pushed aside that thought, redirecting my focus towards embracing a fresh start in this unfamiliar place.