4.We welcome you

Anord's POV:

I couldn't believe that, after so many years, I had finally found my mate, but she was in the hospital with no memory of her past life.

I couldn't comprehend why a werewolf king would be mated to a human, as it was rare for a king of werewolves to be mated to a mere human.

However, I couldn't help but wonder if the moon goddess had a significant plan in place for me to have a human mate. Not that I'm complaining, but introducing her to our world would be incredibly challenging.

The world we live in is vastly different from their human world, and danger lurks in every second of life. Our world is magical, but the malevolent intentions of certain beings make it far more difficult to survive, and having a human mate adds a whole new level of peril.

The mate bond between us seems extraordinarily strong; I could feel half of her pain as if it were my own. Moreover, I never expected my mate to be not only beautiful but also strong.

Daina, the pack doctor, informed me that it would be difficult for her to wake up after the operation, and she might be in a coma. However, she surprised us all by waking up, making my wolf go crazy for her.

I had been eagerly awaiting my mate since I was eighteen, but to my disappointment, I never found one. I traveled to almost every corner of the world, and finally, she came to me, though not in a good state.

Her injury hadn't diminished her good looks, though. Her eyes were incredibly beautiful, and looking into them was like being intoxicated.

Damn, I'm sounding like a lovesick puppy.

Recalling the night we found her, I clenched my fist.

That night, I was about to attend a pack meeting when one of my warriors mind-linked me, informing me that rogues had entered our north territory.

I gave them strict orders to hunt them down, and suddenly, my wolf went crazy. I shifted into my wolf form and ran towards the forest.

Initially frustrated with my wolf's behavior, my anger subsided when I caught a delightful scent of strawberries and blueberries wafting through the air. It made my wolf howl with happiness.

Following the scent, I found two wolves staring at the girl lying on the floor. My wolf got excited, recognizing her as our mate.

The two wolves were about to attack her, so I swiftly jumped towards them and used my alpha power to defeat them.

As the king of werewolves and the alpha, my strength was unparalleled, and I easily overpowered the two rogues, ultimately ending their lives by biting their necks.

Dan, Tate, and other warriors arrived just after I had killed the rogues, shocked to see me drenched in blood.

Although it was the duty of my warriors to look after the territory and deal with rogues, I couldn't care less when it came to protecting my mate.

Seeing her lying injured on the ground filled me with horror, knowing that if I had arrived just a second later, those rogues might have killed her.

As I gazed at our mate, my wolf calmed down, and I shifted back into human form. To avoid frightening her, I put on a pair of shorts, courtesy of one of the warriors.

Then, I carried her in a bridal style and mind-linked the doctor, Diana, to prepare for her arrival at the pack hospital.

Due to the significant blood loss and severe head injury, she remained unconscious even after the treatment.

I blamed myself for not finding her earlier, and seeing her lying there in the hospital bed filled me with distress.

I stayed by her side, holding her hand, hoping that my presence would somehow aid in her speedy recovery.

After five days, she moved her fingers, showing signs of progress. I informed the doctor, and she examined her, concluding that she had suffered a severe injury and memory loss.

Finally, she woke up, and I could see that she could feel our mate bond as she gazed intensely at me. Pronouncing my name, she sounded perfect, and her shyness was evident.

My wolf danced with joy, chanting 'mate,' and I had to control myself from impulsively pouncing on her. I expressed my gratitude to Cresel, Tate's younger sister, through the mind link, as she had taken good care of my mate.

Tate, my Beta, and Dan, my Gamma, were my best friends, and they were thrilled when I told them about my mate. They had already started their families with their mates and had gone to visit their parents.

"But I...I don't know you guys." Her voice brought me back to reality, and her words pained my wolf.

He wanted to confront her, but I stopped him. I didn't want her to know the truth about our bond, considering she had lost her memory and was not in a good condition to handle such overwhelming information.

"It's up to you. You cannot stay here for long, and you have nowhere else to go." I allowed her to decide, not wanting to force her into accepting me.

"You have just regained consciousness, and it may take time for your family to find you. Even though we are strangers, we welcome you to our home." Tate tried his best to reassure her.

"Okay. You guys have to help me look out for my family." She finally agreed, and Tate asked me what to do through the mind link. I replied with a simple nod.

Then, I went to meet with the doctor, who briefed me on her medication and overall health. Afterward, we all settled into my car, and Dan volunteered to drive.

Throughout the ride, she remained silent, gazing outside the window. I caught her looking at me through the rearview mirror once, and I quickly looked away, pretending it hadn't happened.

Upon reaching the packhouse, I instructed Cresel to take Ukrine to the room next to mine. I mind-linked Cresel to look after her, and then I headed to my office with Tate and Dan.

I ordered them to double the border security and assigned Dan to investigate Ukrine's circumstances - how she had arrived here and what had happened before I found her.

While we were discussing these matters, Cresel mind-linked me, informing that Luna was sleeping. My wolf appreciated the respect, but I was not ready for Ukrine to know about our status yet.

"We must hide the truth from her. You cannot call her Luna." Not for now.

"Alpha, how could you do that? She is our Luna, and we respect her." Tate questioned, showing his dissatisfaction.

"I know you do, but she is a human who knows nothing about us. If we were to tell her now, she would be scared." I replied firmly.

"Okay, but she will find out eventually." Tate replied, taking a file from the table.

"I know, but not right now." With that, I left the room and headed toward my room.