Chapter 10: Enough is Enough

Eun Byeol moaned and buried her head as the caption goes by the saying, 'EUN BYEOL'S BOYFRIEND'. Thankfully, Min Hyuk's face wasn't caught for the readers to make out but it jeopardized any future meetings she wanted to have later on.

"Think on the bright side," said Jenny over the phone. "At least, Min Hyuk's face wasn't on the tabloids. Can you imagine what would happen if the license plate was also caught?"

Eun Byeol cried like a baby. "Ahhhhhhh!"

***

Eun Byeol stood alone in the practice room.

"Un voce poco fa. Qui nel cor mi  risuono." 

Flashes of the night Oh Yoon Hee died appeared in her mind.

"Il mio cor ferito e gia, e Lindor fu che il piago"

A version of herself wearing her mother's white SNU gown singing underneath the glittering lights while she sings her heart out on the stage.

"Si Lindoro mio sara; lo giurai, la vincero."

As the days awaiting her mother trial draws near, Eun Byeol can't help but notice how her chest ached when she even thought about singing or stood there in the practice room. Her body felt like lead for some reason but when it came to other things, she felt as lively as she ought to be.

"Si Lindoro mio sara; lo giurai, la vincero."

The memory of Ms. Oh Yoon Hee's bone-chilling scream made a trickle of tear fall down Eun Byeol's face. She sniffed and wiped it with the sleeve of her green dress.

"Ma se mi toccano dov'e'il mio debole, saro una vipera, saro."

Bae Ro Na! Then the sheer whirring of the metal as she lowered the trophy forcing what felt like a gallon of blood oozing from Ro Na's dress. Eun Byeol's eyes remained teary-eyed.

"E cento trappole prima di cedere, faro giocar aa ah aa."

An imagination of her mother looking so genuinely proud of her if she had chosen to sabotage Bae Ro Na. 

"E cento trappole prima di cedere, faro giocar aa ah aa, faro giocar."

The image of Bae Ro Na in all her glory when she sang perfectly at the Cheong Ah Arts Festival and the deep insecurity she felt at seeing that performance.

"E cento trappole. Ah aa aah aa, prima di cedere, faro giocar aa aah aa ah."

Eun Byeol sees herself standing on the stage, still in that white gown but this time, she was in tears. Intermingling with the mental fiction were flashes of different scenes, her mother killing her grandfather, the Cheong Ah admissions scandal, the horrible things she did to Seol A, Bae Ro Na beating her every single time, the time she humiliated Ro Na so badly it forced her to drop.

"E cento trappole faro giocar. E cento trappole faro giocar. Faro giocar_"

There's only one way this ends. "_AA AAHH AAAAAAA."

The swan that is Eun Byeol is ready to die and underneath her green dress was a silver necklace the shape of an ancient dagger