Chapter 13: Seol A's Revenge

5 days before Cheon Seo Jin's inauguration...

From the night Eun Byeol saw her mother leave her grandfather to die, she arrived at the penthouse with hands shaking. For once, she observed that the grandeur of the home where she lived felt like a lie, a false fantasy. She did not sleep well ever since.

The morning after that. Eun Byeol decided to punish her mother for once. Seo Jin carried with her a relaxed elegance during breakfast while Eun Byeol's chest was successful at keeping a calm composure at the expense of her aching chest. The soup complimenting the rice is dreamy to the taste buds and the savory saltiness of the grilled short ribs, spicy stewed fish, and radish strip kimchi would have lifted her spirits until she sees Ro Na's face alone or Ro Na and Seok Hoon holding hands, which is worse. However, the death of her grandfather at the hands of her mother made her stomach churn uncomfortably, as if one bite of the foods would make her puke. Regardless, to accompany her calm exterior, she had to eat albeit in small bites and the act was effective. Her parents know nothing. 

"Eun Byeol, where are you going?" her mother asked, holding the empty plates for washing. Usually, Eun Byeol is already dressed in her school uniform before eating breakfast.

"I just forgot something," she said in her innocent and soft voice. Seo Jin just shrugged before withdrawing to the kitchen while her daughter closed the door behind her. She made normal and silent steps to the bathroom and closing the door again, hastily opened the toilet door and vomited all the food out. Never had Eun Byeol felt sick in her life.

After recovering herself, she gargled water in her mouth to spit out the bad vomit aftertaste. When she came out this time, her father is still there but her mother is already gone.

"Shall we go?" Dr. Ha asked her. He is going to take her to school today. He had a warm smile that made Eun Byeol feel better, even in the slightest.

"I just have to tell Mom something," Eun Byeol replied and, upon leaving the apartment made loud tapping noises of her shoes just to catch her mother.

Seo Jin was still in the underground parking lot where she made happy hums (a habit of hers) while she gets on the car. Eun Byeol did not waste her chance. Using a false number, she sent the video to her mother. 

Given her position, she could not risk a peek to see her Mother's reaction but the fact that its taking long for her to start the car is enough satisfaction. As the car swerved, Eun Byeol stood where the Seo Jin was originally, still panting from the rushing. You are not getting away with it, Mother. You will remember forever what you have done.

At school, Eun Byeol's state of mind did not get any better. She kept thinking about what Seok Hoon had said. You're mother and my father are having an affair

Eun Byeol started shaking her head to no one in particular. No way! It can't be! It can't be! "Anya! Anya! Anya! Anya! Anya!!!!!!" she cried, her classmates jumping by the surprise, except Seok Hoon. His "girlfriend" Ro Na though could not contain her shock.

"What is it, Eun Byeol? What's wrong with you?" Jenny asked in concern but Eun Byeol could not answer. Her head is hurting so bad.

Ma Doo Ki came to her rescue. Slapping Jenny lightly, he said, "Why are you giving her pressure?"

Then, in a coaxing tone, Ma Doo Ki asked, "Eun Byeol, are you alright?"

That was when Eun Byeol regained her senses. "Oh...I have a headache. I'm going to the nurse."

Ma Doo Ki only nodded as she hastily left the classroom. The sharp pang was gone and she has no intention of going to the nurse. Instead, she went to the her mother's office_ ah, no, specifically the director's office to look for her phone and see if there is any proof to Seok Hoon's claims. Love texts are always great evidence.