Chapter 4: Reverie

The classical piano department were holding a recital and Eun Byul is excited to see Seok Hoon play. Nevermind the others that existed. Seok Hoon is the sun in this recital.

Seok Hoon looks dashing in his tuxedo. He took his seat and began tapping the keys and Eun Byul allowed her mind to drift into the music. She could already see it in her head. Seok Hoon was smiling at her, a rare sight to everyone else. They were living in Italy together. They were holding hands under the hot sun, the waves crashing against the shore, forming a tranquil melody. Almost everyday, they would be playfully teasing each other. He would sit with the audience, looking at her with pride as she sings the aria beautifully and she will do the same when he performs the piano, attributing songs of love and affection to her.

She planned to visit him at the backstage to give him his gift, which Eun Byul took pains to figure out. I'm sure he'll like it. She thought proudly of herself.

When he was done, Eun Byul cheered among others and she'd like to believe the ovulations are greater than given to other classical piano students.

Heading backstage, which was crowded with performers, their parents or friends, Eun Byul seek Seok Hoon to see Ro Na talking to him. Why does she always get to him first? Does she know a shortcut or something? 

Hopefully, Eun Byul was mistaken for she observes that there is something tender in his eyes, contrast to the tight, conservativeness of his face.

She gave him her present which is tied to a small box, watching as he opened it and lift up a pale blue keychain, which can probably be bought for a cheaper price at some trinket shop somewhere.

Then, she saw his face and it stung that there was nothing but genuine appreciation on his face. He never shared that look with anyone. If Eun Byul gave him a gift similar to Ro Na's, would he appreciate it the same way? Or would he have some reserve treatments to, not just gift giving but everything, that she can do but the former cannot. Randomly, some lines of poetry began to appear on her mind.

It seems impossible

When I see you both

Together

I feel so hopeless

As if I could never get anything

I ever wanted

(Ro Na saw her, gave her a smile and wave. Eun Byul forced herself to smile too.)

But, I know she deserves it

If I can have it

She can too

But if she did

There may be nothing good

Left for me

Eun Byul pulled herself together and cheerily went to the two. "Congrats, Seok Hoon," she told him, then handing her gift, she said, "I got this for you."

The gift was a limited edition Gucci jacket. Ro Na eyed it sadly. "You've really outdone yourself, Eun Byul. Mines pretty lame."

"It's ok, I still appreciate it," Seok Hoon assured her.

If the two potential lovers were observant, they would have noticed, for a minute that Eun Byul's cheery face cracked.

...

It was Seok Kyung's idea. The Hera Club decided to visit the "new guest". Last week, for some bizarre reason, Yoon Hee somehow acquired a large sum of money and was able to afford a room at the penthouse so Seok Hoon and Ro Na could visit each other now that they're under the same roof. Eun Byeol was dressed in a white eyelet dress with a black jumper skirt over it. Her hair tied into a ponytail accompanied with a large white bow to match the dress, hoping Seok Hoon would notice.

"Excuse me, may I use the bathroom?" Eun Byeol asked Ro Na.

"Sure," Ro Na replied simply.

However, Eun Byeol did not intend to go to the bathroom. She intended to go to her room. Eun Byeol needed to know whether she likes Seok Hoon or not. If she can find evidence that she does not like him or only see him as a friend, then she can take a picture and snap Seok Hoon from his Ro Na daydreams. Ro Na's room was pink in color. It had a grand white piano and a princess bed. On her desk lay a white notebook and Eun Byeol opened it under the assumption that it was her diary. And, she was right. Eun Byeol examined the pages, only to find more disappointment.

I kinda like Seok Hoon. I find him to be very cute. He seems silent all the time but that's what makes him more attractive.

If either Seok Hoon or Ro Na confess that they like each other, there is no breaking them apart. Eun Byul took deep breathes but it was not making her feel better. It was like she was Eva being tempted by the snake to eat the apple, only this time, she cannot resist. Taking the apple from the snake, she left Ro Na's room and went straight to the latter.

"Ro Na, can I ask you something?" Eun Byul inquired.

"Sure, what is it?"

Eun Byeol pulled Ro Na to the side where the other Hera Club members will not be able to hear. "You know our mother's hate each other, right?" Ro Na nodded her head. "Did she tell you why?"

"No," Ro Na shook her head. "She always evade that topic when I ask her about it."

"I asked my mother and she said your mother and my mother are classmates. Did your mother tell you she study at Cheong Ah Arts Highschool?"

"Really?" Ro Na's eyes widened. "Why didn't she tell me about it?"

"I don't know but that's what mother said and I'm asking you this because I want to hear it from both sides of the story," Eun Byeol began. "You see...during the Cheong Ah Arts Festival, my mother won and your mother wasn't able to accept it. She tried to take the trophy away from her but both singers end up getting hurt. My mom said it was an accident but people blamed Seo Jin for Yoon Hee's injuries and nobody believed her. My mother has been bullied ever since."

"No way, my mother would never do that," Ro Na said in disbelief.

"That's why I'm asking you," Eun Byeol begged, taking Ro Na's hands with her. "I was hoping you'd have more to say to the story."

This chapter is dedicated to Az39555.