Guys. We Have To Talk About The Ending

This may contain some spoilers so read at your own risk.

So, I have watched the ending of Season 3. I don't really know what to feel about it honestly. To begin with, I loved how the show left me hooked with its plot twists and turns. You just don't know what's gonna happen. Ro Na's revenge to Eun Byeol is sweet. Hands down an epic scene. Another epic scene was the slowed time as Seok Hoon was motorcycling up the hill just as Seok Kyung is heading the other way. From the moment Shim Su Ryeon and Logan Lee kissed and Ha Yoon Chul stepped inside the secret house while Joo Dan Tae and Cheon Seo Jin at the penthouse raised a glass to the success  of their "partnership". I keep saying to myself. 'Oh, the players are set. This is gonna be good." The scenes that followed did not disappoint. The characters working together flawlessly to destroy Joo Dan Tae. Speaking of Joo Dan Tae, his death is the best. It reminded me of Prince Joffrey in The Purple Wedding. Then after that was Cheon Seo Jin's downfall.

However, there were also the tragic scenes. Oh Yoon Hee DIED and did not get the chance to claim her throne as PRIMA DONNA. Then, to my greatest surprise and disappointment, Ha Yoon Chul  DIED. Then, Shim Su Ryeon committed SUICIDE (poor Logan Lee).

I was expecting the characters will "miraculously" survive. Somehow, I had wished Oh Yoon Hee was suddenly alive as ridiculous as that is as long as the director gives some sort of reasonable flashback as to how she made it. When Oh Yoon Hee died, I could not accept it and knowing that somehow the characters came back to life, I was expecting Yoon Hee to live and be reunited with Yoon Chul and they get married. However, her death was confirmed to me when Yoon Chul died as well.

Which leads us to Shim Su Ryeon. Revenge tastes so sweet but after Yoon Chul's death, she is beginning to feel guilty to the deaths caused by her desire to get revenge so in the most tragic way possible, she leaves Logan Lee. To be honest, I kinda feel bad for Logan Lee than Shim Su Ryeon because of what she did but I can understand where her guilt came from. Ever since Season 1, Su Ryeon understood Yoon Hee's bad blood with Seo Jin so she knew she'd be a willing participant in the game so when Yoon Hee died (for real), Su Ryeon is bound to feel guilty.

She mentions earlier that the deaths of the parents only gave justice and protection to the kids. In some way, if Oh Yoon Hee lead a separate life from Su Ryeon while she is was on the road to revenge, Bae Ro Na would not be able rise against Ha Eun Byeol. Bae Ro Na became the new Prima Donna by the end of Season 3. So there is some truth to that but I think she should not blame herself entirely. Comment down below what you think.

Then, there was Ha Eun Byeol, the character we hate but feel pity on depending on the scene. Of all the Hera Club members, she is the only one that I see didn't really hang out much with Seok Kyung, Jenny, Min Hyuk, Seok Hoon and Ro Na three years later. A part of me actually assumed after she took her punishment by stabbing her throat so she could never sing again that she and Ro Na will make amends and support one another as sisters but the two had lived separate lives and it took a while for me to understand that maybe it's for the best. Of course, it is heavily implied that she dropped out of SNU. After everything Ro Na been through, a part of her might not be able to forgive Eun Byeol in the same way she forgave Seok Kyung. On the one hand, Eun Byeol has also been through so much psychological stress that perhaps seeing the members of the Hera Club or even going to Seoul might be too much for her. I think the church was located far from the city (am not sure). It seems that she is calm and wiser now but she still needs time to heal. Of course, that will take even longer now that Seo Jin committed suicide, especially since at the end, we can see that Eun Byeol was ready to forgive her mother. Say what you will. For me, Seo Jin is selfish until the end.

So that's it for the rant. I have pretty mixed feelings about the ending so comment down below your disagreements and agreements. Let's have a discussion guys. I'll be looking forward to it.

Con amore,

Sun Sung Lao