Companion and Caretaker

Sunny came out of the office happy and excited. "Sunny. We'll let you know by tonight whether you're hired or not." was what the interviewers said to Sunny. The result was unclear, yet Sunny was confident he's selected since he was asked easy questions and Sunny answered them without any hint of nervousness.

He came back home and started doing his daily chores. After completing them, the moment he sat down to eat his meal, he got a mail that he has passed the interview and he can join from day after tomorrow. The house keeper may reach him by next day so he could be prepared for work. Sunny was overjoyed. His dreams are finally going to be fulfilled. He ate his dinner and went to sleep.

Next day, Sunny woke up when someone rung his doorbell. Sunny got up, yawned, and went ahead to answer the door. When he opened the gate, he saw a girl, a bit shorter than him, in a maid outfit. Sunny was surprised.

"Good Morning Mr. Sunny, I'm Violet Gill, Company appointed Housekeeper as well as your Care Taker." the girl said.

"I didn't think company would send a girl for that. I'm a young boy. Won't it be a bit awkward for you?" Sunny asked.

"It's my job sir." Violet replied with a straight face.

"Oh yes, right. But it would be awkward for me. Don't worry. You can go back, I'll take care of things myself." Sunny said.

"No thank you sir, if I go back, I won't be paid my salary, or may be fired." Violet replied.

"What? Why?" Sunny asked in surprise.

"I'll tell you but first, may I come in?" Violet said.

"Oh yes, sorry. Please come in." Sunny said.

The moment Violet picked up her bag, Sunny noticed Violet had a trolley bag with her, it was as if she was moving in, in his house. Sunny immediately asked her, "Wait. What is this bag for? Are you going to live here?"

She gave an 'obviously' look and replied, "According to the protocols of our Company, we are told to stay at the master's house, to look after every needs."

Sunny gulped his saliva. Then he directed her to move in. "This is the Living Room. For now, keep your bag here. You came so early, I couldn't set up things here, plus I came here day before yesterday, so I don't know the place much."

"Its ok sir, I'm here since more than half year. I know about this place." Violet replied.

"Alright. Come. Watch every corner of the house." Sunny said while pointing his hand ahead to direct her to come with him.

Violet got up and both of them explored each corner of the house. The last room was Sunny's room. When they went in, Violet saw it was the most messier room. She said, "Wow, its so messier. I guess you need some work here." Sunny face palmed himself. "I'll clean it" Violet said while preparing herself. "No no, I can do it." Sunny said, "You begin with other rooms."

"No. This is where I shall begin from." Violet replied.

"Damn. You are too stubborn. Fine. Do it." Sunny said and left his room.

The moment he rested on his couch, he got a message from Lieutenant.

"Meet me outside the Walmart at 14:00." the message said.

Sunny sighed and went to Violet to tell her to make anything she want for lunch since he may not be in his house. Violet asked the reason, so he showed her the message. Violet made an irritated face which Sunny couldn't understand. Sunny got ready and reached the meeting point in time.

"Nice to see you Lieutenant." Sunny said while shaking hand with Lieutenant.

"Nice to see you too Sunny. So how is everything going on? All well?" Lieutenant asked.