Morning

It was a bright sunny morning. The birds chirping outside window, pleasant breeze flowing around. Blue sky filled with white clouds and brighter Sun. It seemed as a typical five year old kid drawing a scenery outside of his bedroom.

"Sunny! Sunny boy come here!" an old lady called her son, while resting on her bed.

"Coming Mom!" the five year old boy called.

He kept aside his drawing and quickly to her. "I am here mom." he begun.

"Son, promise me one thing." she begun gulping down her saliva.

The boy gulped his saliva as well.

"You will stay with your father and be a good person. He will come in a few minutes to pick you up." she said.

"But mo-" "Promise me son." she cut him off.

"Yes mom" the boy replied.

He went to his room and saw his drawing. The painting of the sunny morning, the scenery, he and his mother playing under Sun.

He packed his stuff with tears in his eyes.

Few minutes later, a man arrived to pick him up. Sunny greeted him and continued packing. Moments later, he heard some muffled cries. He ran to open the door. It was jammed, not locked. Sunny pushed hardly. He could now see a bit from the gap. The man was smothering the lady with a pillow. The kid tried his best, but wasn't succeeding.

"Mom! Mom! Get away from my mom!" he cried but he couldn't do anything.

The lady was struggling while she was being smothered by the man. Sunny was still struggling, when the man spoke, "Don't worry, your son will face the consequence as well. After I am done with you."

She suddenly stopped struggling. Seeing her stop, Sunny stopped as well. He went down into his knees and started crying.

The man approaches to the kid and says, "No need to cry son. Be happy. That sad face is not good on your face."

Then the man goes and brings a knife and goes inside the room. Sunny was sitting near his now-dead mother.

The man went inside and pulled Sunny aside. "You like clowns, Right?" he begun, "You see. No one's a bigger clown than me." and started butchering Sunny's mother's dead body, laughing like a maniac.

Then he realised, the man wasn't his father. He was someone wearing the mask of his father, a mask made out of his skin. He came near Sunny, went like, "Let's put a smile on that face!" and made a smile out of blood with his blood stained hands, on his cheeks.

The police entered the scene and saw the horrendous scene. They caught the man, who turned out to be a serial killer, while the boy was sent to therapy, and later to an orphanage.

Sunny saw the drawing of a sunny weather made by him. He took it and threw it in the fireplace, out of rage.

-----------------------------------

Twelve years later,

"Hey Kat, Nice to see you." Sunny said.

"Ya long time no see, how are you?" Katherine replied.

A brief introduction about Katherine.

Katherine Smith, a girl of Sunny's age. She was a kind-hearted, cheerful girl who helped her friends a lot. She was the third child out of five in her family, and a very close friend of Sunny. Sunny used to like her but never admitted his feelings.

"I'm good. What about you?" Sunny replied.

"I'm good as well." Katherine replied.

Right now they both are in school and both are walking towards their class.

"Hey bud! Look who arrived? The Barren Egg hiding behind Kat's skirts." A boy named, Asher Allensworth, arrived and started saying these things to Sunny, while Sunny stayed silent.

Katherine saved him, and later Sunny talked to the teachers about this stuff, but Asher didn't stop bullying Sunny.

Since Sunny was a 17 year old boy, he left the orphanage and started living on his own. He worked part time as a pizza delivery guy, and went to school. He used to be a good student, because of which he got a scholarship, but ever since he started his job, he was distracted so his performance went down.

It was the usual boring day in school. Sunny and Katherine were hanging around usually, when Sunny was murmuring to himself, which he didn't notice, that it was pretty audible, but he confessed to Katherine that he has feelings for her.

On understanding, the whole  confession, Katherine stopped. That was the moment when Sunny realised that his murmuring was audible and she heard everything.

Sunny was shocked. He stood, looking towards ground.

"I felt it." Katherine begun, looking towards ground, in a very low tone, "I knew it you liked me, but I want to make it clear." Sunny choked in his saliva, "Our friendship was a mistake."

Everything paused for Sunny, as if someone paused his life, the way we pause a recording.

"I started talking to you since school was boring and I wanted to pass time. You were a medium of entertainment, nothing more. You considered me your friend but I considered you nothing. I am sorry if I am breaking your heart but since few days, you are getting on my nerves." she said.

With every word, Sunny felt his heart shattering into pieces.

"I am sorry but I won't hang out with you anymore. We are back to strangers." she said and left.

Sunny stood there for a while. Thinking what just happened. Just then someone pushed him. Sunny fell on the ground.

"Stop coming in my way Sunny boi" Asher said in a teasing tone and left.

For few days, Sunny was down. He desired more sleep, but couldn't due to work and study. He didn't want to live anymore.

Few days later, Sunny went to deliver pizza to a house not far from pizza station. When he reached, he saw that the one who came to take the pizza was Katherine, but the order name was of some guy. Someone known. "A. Allensworth". Sunny choked in his saliva. Katherine was in a large shirt which usually boys wear and she had a mess hair. Sunny understood what had happened between them.

Somehow he gave the pizza to her, took the money and left. It started raining on the way back. Thankfully it was the last order. Sunny went to the Pizza Station, took the rest day off and started walking towards home like a zombie. He was silent. He had a straight face with sorrowful eyes. In an alley, he fell on his knees and started crying loudly.