Chapter Eleven

Leyla's Point Of View

I was refreshed, I felt this natural buzz dance across my skin. I had the best sleep in years, it was dreamless. Nothing had haunted me despite the heartbreak I had faced over the last few weeks. I stretched my legs, hearing the pop and crack. My arms above my head I yawned deeply and let out a deep sigh afterwards. 

I was in the Mallapers' compound. I didn't know how to feel about it, I didn't know what to think. Everything felt so surreal. My mind hummed with unanswered questions. I didn't feel unsafe being here, I felt more at home in this room than I did at the Royal Quarters. Everyone was so happy and chipper, they were filled with energy. The pack here seemed close and have a bond that was so strong. It was refreshing. There seemed to be no hierarchy and no one seemed mistreated. 

What do you think Amira? I asked. 

I like it here and I like Alpha Reaper. She's honest and blunt. She cares about her people and has their best interest at heart. I can't say for certain whether she is a threat to us but she gave a blood oath that she would protect us. I do not take that lightly. Amira responded. 

Amira's words rung throughout my head. I could feel the blood oath with Alpha Reaper. Nona was right they weren't be taken lightly. Thoughts of Nona made my chest ache. I can't believe she is gone. I know whatever she did was to protect me and that didn't sit lightly with me. A tear escaped my eye thinking about the woman who I knew as my mother. 

Don't be sad Leyla. Nona knew what she was doing. You have to think of the good times and remember that she is at peace with our Goddess. She will be with Roger. She will be happy. Amira comforted. 

I knew she was right and if anyone in this world deserved peace it was Nona. The Goddess would care and love her. She wouldn't let a woman who had helped raise her warrior be in pain. I knew I had to make her proud. She wouldn't want me to wallow in sadness over her death. I pushed myself from the bed and saw that their were some clothes on the chair. I smiled being thankful for the simple jeans and tank top. There were no formal dresses that I would have to wear. 

The room that I stayed in was spacious but not grande. It had this homely feel to it. The carpet was soft between my toes, the furniture was mismatched in style but it was sturdy and practical. The room felt lived in and everything felt in place. The soft blue walls lightened the room and the windows were wide open which allowed a small breeze to fill the room. 

With a new sense of determination, I made my wall out of the room which was on the bottom floor. It automatically led to the open spaced living room where there many children and adults conversing. Some were eating breakfast, other's were sipping morning coffee. However, everyone present had large smiles on their face. I entered the room and saw a man with black cargo shorts and a tight white t-shirt on. He was handing on the breakfast bar flirting with some of the woman in the kitchen. 

"Erm excuse me..?" I said in a quiet voice. 

The man's head snapped in my direction, he looked at me up and down and a small smile adorned his face. His brown eyes widened at my presence in front of him. His brown hair was cut short and un-styled. He was very handsome and the complete opposite of my mate.

"Well hello there beautiful." He said as he did an over dramatic bow and lifted my hand and placed his soft lips on the centre. "You must be the guest my Alpha told me about." He said with a smirk. 

"Yes, my names Leyla" I said with a blush. No one had ever been this charming to me before. I could imagine many ladies wanting to drop their panties for him. I bet his was a walking STD with the way he was flirting with the woman in the kitchen. There were many stood around the stove giggling at his behaviour. I could see this was a regular occurrence.