Chp. 18: Song 2 You

Third Person POV

Jade woke up and sighed, rubbing her face to wipe the sleep away. Looking out the window next to the bed, she softly smiled when she saw that the weather was perfect for today's plans.

She gazed back down to Beck, who she has been dating for nine years now, and she gave him a quick peck on the nose before carefully climbing out of bed. She exited their room and slipped her shoes on, grabbed a banana, and then left the apartment complex.

Jade shot Beck a text saying that she was out for the morning, and that she'd be back soon.

She then switched to the groupchat that didn't contain her boyfriend, and she messaged her friends, saying the she was on her way.

.....

Arriving at the jewelers, Jade observed all of the different rings they had for sale. After a good fifteen minutes of searching, she found the perfect one.

She left the store and drove to a new destination, hoping that her friends were already there, getting things set up.

She pulled into the familiar parking lot, and she smiled as memories started to come back. She felt like she was in highschool again.

Her friends greeted her as she exited her car.

"Hey, Jade! We almost have everything set up," Andre told her.

She walked up to them.

"Great! Will the stage be finished by 3?"

"I think so. There's not much left to do," said Tori, who appeared from backstage.

Jade gave her a thumbs up before helping them get the rest of the preparations set up.

Checking the time, she finished doing what she was doing, said goodbye to the others, and hopped back into the car. In only a few minutes, she made it back to her and Beck's apartment.

She walked through the door, closing it behind her. She made her way to their bedroom, and when she went in, Beck was no longer in bed. She looked around the small home, and when she discovered that he was in the shower, she took a seat on the couch.

Soon enough, he finished showering.

"Hey, babe. Where'd ya go this morning?" he asked, entering the room.

She looked at him with a small smile.

"Out. Now get ready, I want to take you somewhere!"

He replied with an okay before turning back to their room in order to get changed. A few moments later, he came back to where Jade was. She led him to the car, and she drove him down a familiar road.

"Where are we going?" Beck asked, knowingly.

She gave him a quick glance before turning her attention back to the road.

"You'll see."

During the drive, Jade's nerves grew as each minute passed. She started to sweat a little, and her hands shook on the steering wheel. She tried her best to conceal it, and thankfully, Beck didn't notice.

Along the way, Beck recognized the scenery. He could tell that she was taking him to Hollywood Arts, but he didn't say anything so that Jade could "surprise" him.

A few minutes later, they pulled up into the parking lot. Beck smiled when he saw that the stage was set up the way it used to be when they went there.

"What are we doing here?"

"Again, you'll see," she responded, giving him a wink as she opened the car door, starting to climb out.