Chp. 17: Graduates

Beck POV

I whistled as the smell of waffles filled the air, and I smiled as sunlight filtered through the window and landed on the small countertop.

I slightly jumped when I heard shuffling behind me, and the smile returned to my face when I turned to see Jade starting to wake up.

"Good morning, beautiful," I said.

She grumbled something inaudible as she rolled in the sheets, shoving her face in the pillow. The pillow and her head became consumed by her long, tangled, black hair.

She looked cute.

"Didn't quite catch that."

Annoyed by my teasing, she shifted around in the bed, tucking her legs under her stomach, forming a ball shape. She mumbled some more.

I walked away from the waffle maker and made my way to the bed. I crawled on top of the blankets and sat next to Jade, looking down at her. I pushed her over onto her side, her hair falling onto her face as she grasped onto her knees, hiding her face in her pajama pants.

"Come on, it's time to wake up!"

I laid down and rested my head on the pillow, right next to Jade.

She hummed.

I shifted forward and wrapped my arms around her, pulled her into my chest, and placed my chin on the top of her head. After a few moments, she let go of her legs and returned the hug, grabbing onto my waist. I then gave her a kiss in her hair.

"I made waffles for you," I whispered.

"I want coffee," she whispered back.

I chuckled.

"I made you that, too."

I could tell that she smiled, and that made me smile as well. She unwrapped herself from me and sat up, stretching her jaws as she yawned. She looked down at me as I stayed laying in the sheets.

"Well what are you waiting for? My coffee is gonna get cold!"

She got out of bed and grabbed herself a mug of the dark liquid, taking a few sips as she walked over to the bathroom. She set her cup on the table and then entered the small room, closing the door behind her.

Once the door closed, I got back out of bed and returned to the waffles, only just then realizing that I left some batter in the maker.

Panicking a little, I quickly opened the small machine and flipped out the charred waffle.

"You made me burn the waffles!"

Jade opened the door and walked over to me.

"I didn't make you do anything," she responded.

She had her makeup and hair done in the usual style, ready for the day.

I rolled my eyes and put the few good waffles on a plate, ready to be eaten. I turned back to my girlfriend and gave her another hug. She put her chin on my shoulder as I did the same.

"Are you ready for graduation?"

She pulled back, about mid-hug, and looked at me.

"Oh, is that today?"

We both laughed and I pulled her back in.

A few seconds later, I let go and sat on the couch with breakfast in front of me. Jade sat down next to me and grabbed her own plate, starting to eat.

After we finished our food, I went over to our tiny closet, sorting through the clothes to find our graduation gowns. I found them and pulled them out, handing her's to Jade. I stood straight and looked on the overhead shelf, trying to find the caps. Once found, I tossed over the hats onto the bed.