Chp. 13: As You Wish

Beck POV

"Jade?" I know that it was her. She was here.

"Uh, Beck? Are you okay? Why did ya shout 'Jade?' She's right there." Andre pointed to where Jade was. I must have accidentally woke him up.

"No, Andre, she was here. I heard her. There was also some scraping noise, like she was being dragged away against her will. And then she yelled, 'Help me!' Andre, you gotta believe me!"

"Look. You've been through a lot. You know, with the whole Jade situation... and it's late. So you're tired, and your mind probably just imagined it. Why don't you try to get some sleep, it'll help clear your head."

I just nodded and sat back down on my chair next to Jade's bed.

Did I just imagine it?

.............

Jade POV

The ghostly figure and I appeared in some strange corridor. It was all dark, but once I took a few steps forward, torches lit up the black tunnel. One by one, small fires brought light to the corridor until it was dimly lit.

"Where is this place?" I turned back around to the shadowy figure.

"This is the path to the afterlife. Once we make it to the end, we will be taken to the Holders of Life. They will decide your fate, and give you a few options as well." They started to walk... or float... past me and down the path.

"Wait a minute... What should I call you? Y'know, for future reference?" I motioned my hand to the figure.

They stopped walking and turned to face me. "You may call me 'Guide.'" With that being said, they lead me through the tunnel.

After walking for a couple of minutes, we made it to the end. There were two giant, black, rustic doors in front of us.

'Wow, this place is cool.'

Just as my mind was starting to take in the scenery, the big doors opened and revealed a large and dark room. It looked like a mix between a court room, a church, and an old theater.

"Follow me, and don't speak unless spoken too." I nodded and followed Guide.

As we walked down the aisle, I looked around the place. It was all pretty dark, making some features hard to pick out, but it was beautiful nonetheless. There were long rows of benches, and additional seating up high, sticking out of the walls. The seats were a nice dark wood, polished to smooth perfection. A gorgeous mosaic covered the ceiling, all of the colors being a mixture of blacks and greys, and some dark purple here and there. At the very end of the aisle, there was a large space that only contained a single table.

'This place is stunning!'

Sitting at the table were three shadow people. They looked like Guide, only bigger, darker, and a whole lot scarier.

Guide and I made it to the front, and we stopped in front of the table. My gaze searched the surface, but there was only one thing on it: a golden tag with the words "Holders of Life" on it.

The largest of the three ghosts sat up straight, looked at me, clasped their hands together, and placed them on the table.

In a strong, powerful, yet also raspy voice, the figure spoke.

"Let the council begin!"

.............

I was sat in the front row next to Guide, in front of the Holders of Life.