Chp. 6: Daddy's Home

TW: abuse

Jade POV

"Hello, Jade."

Oh my god.

Beck POV

I ran backstage to congratulate Tori. I was so proud of her! But more importantly, I was proud of Jade. She gave Tori her spot in the Platinum back, despite her foul feelings towards her. Upon entering the backstage area, we all enveloped Tori in a giant group hug, except for Jade. She just stood on the side, watching us. I noticed that she had a sort of disappointed look on her face.

I wonder why that is. I mean, can't she join the group hug? It won't kill her to show some compassion.

After everyone let go of Tori, I grasped her into another hug with just the two of us. I looked off into the distance and made a pretty horrible mistake. I saw Jade leave with a hurt expression on her face, and that's when I realized what I had done.

Did I just look at Tori the way I used to look at Jade? No, I can't do this to her. I just admitted that I still love her, and then I go and do this?

What made me do this? Why did I make that face?

Even if I had no idea why I did that, I still knew I needed to apologize to Jade. I can't let her carry on in life thinking I'm in love with Tori, which I'm not.

Right?

I mentally slapped myself in the face. How could I think that? I'm in love with Jade.

Wait... I just tried to kiss Tori just a few hours ago. Where the heck did that come from?

Flashback

Tori and Beck were sitting on the couch at Tori's house, taking about meat hats. All Beck could think about was Jade, and that was why he was so focused on the strange head-wear. He was trying to distract himself from the intrusive thoughts of his ex.

Next thing he new, he leaned in to kiss Tori. Turns out, he was so lost in thought about Jade, that he was actually starting to believe that it was her in front of him, and not Tori. He realized his mistake the second Tori started talking, and to play it cool, he pretended that he was interested in her after all.

End of Flashback

Ohhh... So that's what happened. Hah! I told you, brain! I am not in love with Tori!

I realized that arguing with my conscience wasn't the best idea right now, so I set out to find Jade. Oh, but I'm not stopping there. I'm going to go and get her a rose. I'm not gonna stop trying to get her back, and at least a rose might ease her mind after seeing what she saw.

Jade POV

I slowly closed the door and took a hesitant step forward.

"Dad? W-what are you doing here? I haven't seen you in over a year." I can't believe he came back! What could he possibly want?

Maybe he wants to finish what he started...

"Well..." He stood up from the couch and made his way towards me. "Y'see, I've been trying to find where you lived since you left. After your mom and I's fight over who would have to take custody over you, we knew that you had run off somewhere. And knowing that I had started something that was left unfinished, I found where you lived to finish the job!" With that, he punched me square in the face.

Ever since I told my father that I was going to Hollywood Arts to pursue acting, he started abusing me. I never thought anything of it, and I always believed that it was a normal thing that all dads did. That was until I started dating Beck, of course. He told me that it was very much not normal, and he helped me get out of it.